New BB and no pods!?!?

Mr James

Premium Member
My new 180g has been running for a couple weeks now with live rock that I got in the sale of the tank, (a fellow RC'er sold me his entire system with live rock). I don't see any pods at night when the lights have been off for a while. In my old tanks, I had lots and could see them cruising the rocks at night. Worms too. What can I add to the tank to restore the pod population?? Is there a kit that has the worms, mini-stars, pods and other creatures?? If so, who sells it??

do you have a refug? if so they may be moltplying in there. alsow is this tank sustanchaly larger then you old one. it is poss that you just cant see them. i have never seen live rock with out them. so i would be willing to bet they are their.

This place has so many sponsors, I would start checking out a few of them. I have never bought one of those kits, though, that you are looking for.

There are two that might have something like what you are looking for that I can think of right off the top of my head (I've only read their sites, not bought anything from them).

www.ipsf.com (I think that is the correct letters, I'm sure others will correct me).

There is also another one that I am thinking of, but for the life of me, I can't think of the name right now. It's heck, getting old. I will edit this post if the name ever comes to me.

Frank

I think the other one I was thinking of is www.inlandaquatics.com. See if that has anything you want?

Last edited:
FSA: Thanks, when I got my new computer, I left all my favorites on it and didn't know how to transfer them over. IPSF ws one of them.

Mike: You are correct. I am new to the area and I just hope someone around here will give some seed sand up. I may just buy a kit from IPSF. I am going to get some macro from a friend who has a HUGE system and it may have some of that stuff I am looking for.

Gerad: I am sure here are some in there, but I am looking fot a lot more. I used to be able to see the entire rock covered. Bristle worms, copepods, amphipods, tube worms, fans, etc... Are you in Atwater, MI?? IF so, I used to have reletives there. I am a former Michigander and miss it dearly.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7533997#post7533997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NoSchwag
Did you look under the starboard?

Whoa!! You are right, I did not look under there. My plan later on is to get some rubble rock for the lower areas so they have a place to hide.

Back