New coral beauty still not eating

jvr1102

It has only been four days but I haven't seen my new Coral Beauty eat. I'm sure he picked some food that floated to him when I couldnt see em. I was wanting some other perspectives on this kind of fish and what you feed yours.....Thanks

was he eating in the store? Coral beauties are pretty hardy- mine eats anything he can get to.... be he and the tang always pick rocks all day...

Always a great idea to ask to watch the fish eat in the store before you take anything home. At a bare minimum you need to ask what the store feeds the fish your wanting. That being said, what are you feeding the CB now? try something frozen, maybe some mysis. The fish should eventually take what you are offering. when it is hungry enough :)

Try soaking nori in a little garlic.
This seems to help them get interested in the nori.
Also the frozen green cube Formala 2 work pretty good.
Just give it time,i'm sure the fish will relax and start eating again.
've had one for over a year now and once they get used to you and the surroundings they always be out.Mine starts feeding on nori before I even have the clip stuck to the glass.

What are you attempting to feed this fish? What other fish are in the tank? What size tank is it in? If the tank is described as in your signature, I don't see anything tank issues or other fish issues that should keep it from eating. It should be eating the same thing as the Purple Tang. Try Nori, Gracillaria or other Macro Algaes.

Good news, he ate nori today soaked in garlic. The whole time he has been picking at the rocks with my tang so I wasn't overly concerned. Thanks for all the replies

It was kind of different in my case.
I had the CB first and added a yellow Tang last.
It was the CB that showed the YT where to get food and not be afraid of the nori clip.
Glad to hear the fish is eating.

Just put some soft corals in there, that always seemed to be the favorite of my coral beauty.

Back