New here

Erikpanzer

Hello everyone, I’m new here just getting back into the hobby after a devastating tank loss a few years ago. Right now I’m up and running with a 120 gallon tank stocked with a hammer coral frag, Favia frag, Acan Frag, Gorgonian and a green star polyp. Fish I have a blue tang, 3 striped damsel, 2 maroon clown and just lost a pipefish. Look forward to chatting on here.

Hello everyone, I’m new here just getting back into the hobby after a devastating tank loss a few years ago. Right now I’m up and running with a 120 gallon tank stocked with a hammer coral frag, Favia frag, Acan Frag, Gorgonian and a green star polyp. Fish I have a blue tang, 3 striped damsel, 2 maroon clown and just lost a pipefish. Look forward to chatting on here.
Welcome back to the hobby. Hopefully your current tank will be successful.

Unfortunately, a lot of us have suffered losses😞. Years ago, I had a 300 gallon stock tank full of Acros, Tridacna, and a tripped breaker wiped everything out. I filled a 30 gallon trash can with acro skeletons…including a green Slimer larger than an basketball that I grew from a 1” frag.

Last edited:
Glad you're back. It seems like one of the great draws of this hobby is just how huge the degree of difficulty is, and it is just amazing to see the success and determination. Post some pics! Good luck-

Welcome back to the hobby. Hopefully your current tank will be successful.

Unfortunately, a lot of us have suffered losses😞. Years ago, I had a 300 gallon stock tank full of Acros, Tridacna, and a tripped breaker wiped everything out. I filled a 30 gallon trash can with acro skeletons…including a green Slimer larger than an basketball that I grew from a 1” frag.
Oh man that sucks. I had a pipe burst in our spare bathroom and flooded the house while we were at work. I had to temporarily move the tank 75 gal. To the garage while they replaced the flooring. The floor guys got to where they wouldn’t show up and I was trying everything I could think of to keep that water cool in a hot garage. Ice bags, fans whatever’s. Insurance ended up paying me for that loss also because it was their guys. But I got nowhere what it was worth in time and hassle.

Glad you're back. It seems like one of the great draws of this hobby is just how huge the degree of difficulty is, and it is just amazing to see the success and determination. Post some pics! Good luck-
BD00677D-2545-4CCF-8E7D-1FB9A89641F3.jpeg

Back