New Marlin's ballpark to incorporate reef tanks behind home plate

Seems strange to me, but hey, if they want it, I say go for it.

Also, I find it odd that one of them is going to be 34' feet long and only be 600 gallons. What, is it 6" wide, and 6" tall? Something's gotta be wrong with that.

That is so frickin sweet. It'll be interesting to see how often they keep up on the maintenance of them. Also, foul balls get shot back there quite a bit. I wonder how much extra protection they'll put around the glass.

Last edited:
34' x 1' x 3' is 763 gallons. The article said over 600. Seems like it work.

The problems I see are people and all of the environmental and safety issues with keeping a tank in a baseball stadium near tens of thousands of stupid people.

The problems I see are people and all of the environmental and safety issues with keeping a tank in a baseball stadium near tens of thousands of stupid people.

That's what worries me.

Also, igot2gats...

To safeguard the exhibits from unexpected impacts, Lexan - the material used in bullet proof windows - will be installed in front and in back of the acrylic panels to protect the aquarium from foul balls, errant pitches or any other unexpected contact.
It was in the article.

:lmao: Don't worry, the Marlins are lucky to break 5,000 in attendance on any given night.

I assume there will be plenty of measures in place to keep the slack-jaws out of the tank, but there is always the potential for problems. Really not that much different than a public aquarium in that respect.

Ummm...I wouldn't want a tank around any objects traveling at high rates of speed. Seems a bit like a disaster in the making to me.

Direct sunlight...things should be interesting.

If they are using bulletproof glass I'm assuming that idiots constantly tapping on it shouldn't cause any vibrations?

Why do the Marlins need a new stadium???? NOBODY goes to see them. Maybe they are trying to convince people its a large aquarium and people are going to play baseball outside. Maybe they will do what they did before...Buy and increadible set up and put all the right pieces in place...as soon as the tank wins an award...trade everything away and get some guppys.

At least the few fans there will have something to watch on the nights that Josh Johnson isn't pitching.

Are they still doing this? I heard a few weeks ago their was some animal group complaining about their plans. Wasn't sure if they were going to change the plans at all.

Back