New tank, looking for equipment - Kessil, ATO to start

rockryno

I couldn't stay away.

Looking to set up another 20 long in the next month, and have started the hunt for equipment. Aiming for a simple, low maintenance anemone tank with a few clowns. That's it. No reef, no more SPS - simple.

I've never had any direct experience with a Kessil, so I thought Id give that a go this time. Looks like i'll need a controller to ramp sunrise and sunset effect, (which is more for me than any livestock). Is the shimmer really all its cracked up to be? I'm having trouble deciding between a 160w or the 360w? Looks like they both have the same spread, but the 360 can get more intense. I dont need the edges of the tank lit, so going for a single, center mounted light. If I can get by with a single 160w, then great. But if there is a question of the 160w not being able to support a few nems, then I'll just go with the 360w.

Also looking for another ATO. Loved my Tunze 3155, and would likely go with that again unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

Starting from scracth, so I'll need another refractometer, 5 gal jugs, etc if anyone has stuff lying around.

Anyway, before I buy them new, thought I'd try local first. Let me know what you have.

@toky916 how much are you selling your Tunze nano top off for ? If Rockryno isnt taking it, I might be interested.

thanks guys. Holding out for the 3155, so the Tunze is all yours Siuyoung.

cflow, how did you like the IM ATO?

Back