New Tank New to Reefing

vipertaj

I am very new to the hobby. I got a killer deal on a 125 gallon Acrylic tank. I bought a custom stand and am waiting for that to show up. I have been doing tons of research. I have watched all of the BRS TV shows about setting up the tank from scratch and have learned a TON from it. It also made me realize how expensive the hobby will be but thats ok. I will be taking my time and doing it right the first time(I hope) and this is where all of you come in. I will be adding SPS corals to my tank. Here is what I plan on getting for my build and please let me know if I am on the wrong track with anything.

The tank was a little scratched so I got the novus and buffed it out and it now looks nearly brand new. That stuff is killer and really works.

I ordered some Dry live rock and will be curing that in a rubbermaid brute. I got this before anything else since it will take time to cure it anyway so it will give me time to save for everything else I need in the mean time. I have two questions about curing. So I got some Bucati dry live rock from brs. I watched the video on how to cure it so I got a power head and 200 watt heater. At what temperature should I cure it? Is 80 good? Also should I get one piece of live rock and cure it with the dry rock or should I wait to put the dry rock in the tank then get a live rock and add it in?

Ok here is the list of what I will be getting for my build.

--Emerald Sump 39 - Trigger Systems - Got this over the ruby or crystal due to adjustable water level. Also the extra size I am sure will come in handy. I will have enough space under my stand for this so I figured go as large as possible.

--Newest Neptune Apex Controller. From what I have seen it seems to be the best out there and gives the most tune ability. I am computer savy and love how advanced you can program it.

--Reef Octopus Classic 202-S 8" Internal Protein Skimmer- Chose this for the fact you can get the Automatic neck cleaner which I will be getting with it.

--BRS 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD no need to explain this one

--2xNeptume WAV Single Pump (4000 GPH). Since I will have the Controller there seems to be endless operation modes which is really cool.

--Apex Waveline DC12000 for the return pump

--Tunze 3155 ATO is the best most reliable right?

--Cobalt MJ1200 which will be used for sump water flow. may get 2. One in feed and one in return section.

--Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

--Special Grade Arag-Alive! Live Reef Sand- will this be good enough to seed my dry live rock or do I need a piece of live rock?

--2x300 watt Finnex HMO Heater w/ Digital LED Controller

--BRS 2 Part Calcium & Alkalinity Total Package

--BRS 2 Part Doser

--T5 Quad 60" 5 ft Aquarium Light Marine Reef Cichlid 320W 80W Bulb LED Odyssea (Already purchased, hopefully will work great)

--Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit (Ca, Alk, Mg)

Am I missing anything? Thanks everyone for your help ahead of time.

Nice. Only thing I would add is some people put their ATO on a timer to only turn on a few minutes per day as a backup to the built-in fail prevention and reduce the chance of floods.

and of course putting the whole system plugged into a GFCI outlet is ideal. I need to get someone out to my house to do that I'm always nervous since I don't have that right now.

IMO live sand is fine. Wish I could give good advice on LR curing but I didn't end up needing to do that in my situation.

Post some pics once you get the tank up!

Back