New tank room

deftonead

i stopped by Rogers place awhile back and thought to myself, man when I get the new house I want something like that so... I've been in the new house for a little over 2 months now and have finally begun building the wall in the garage for the tank room. It's a mess in there now but once the wall is done I'll be cleaning it out and setting up the tanks

Congrats!!! I don't see any electrical in that wall? Highly recommend u add a dedicated circuit for the room at min. I have 3 for mine and wish I had more sockets. How big will the room be? What's the plans for stocking the room?

Roger

electric will be in next weekend. My brother in law is an electrician and he is going to take care of it for me. I have one 20 amp circuit running in there already and then I'm going to run another 20 amp circuit just for the new wall. That should be good for up to 3600 watts... You think I'll need more than that? I plan on running the 125 gal and a 100 gal frag tank on one system which will feed off the new wall. I don't think I'll be running more than 1500 watts there and then eventually I want a tank in the living room that feeds through the wall into the tank room that will be run off the other circuit. The room is about 250 sq feet.

Should be fine. Make sure it is all on gfci. Just a tip I have half of system on different circuits so if gfci ever trips then atleast half the system will keep running. Example I Have life support separated so one circuits would have lights and return pump and other circuit has powerheads on it. That way if one trips as they some times do u always are safe with water movement.

That is a really good idea. I would have never thought of it. I haven't decided where or how many outlets I'm going with yet but I'll definitely do that.

Back