New tank

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
843E7BA6-92FC-4CAB-BF30-96BF82338FD5.jpg

I’m looking for suggestions on dosing systems for calcium and alkalinity and a dependable auto top off system.

This will be SPS only as I transition my 470 gallon to a mixed reef with acropora dominant.

Lighting will be Reefbreeders Photon V2 Pro 50”
Trigger Systems 20 Ruby sump
No skimmer

Another New Nanook Build:thumbsup: If you decide to drill for an overflow, let me know. I've got a nice little drill press with diamond hole saw.

Are you going to dose two part or what? I bought a kalk reactor I am not going to use

I don’t want to mess with Kalk, but need to figure out a two part or three part doser to include magnesium.

Is this going to be a frag tank Dave or frag and grow out duties?

Hey Mark and George!

Frag and grow out on a smaller scale for complete control of nutrients. Probably just a clean up crew.

I've always been less than thrilled with using Kalk. Holdover from when people only used vinegar to clean pumps. The calcium deposits would build up on my pumps and the vinegar would damage the motors by penetrating the plastic and corroding the magnets inside.

What two part are you planning on using, or are you going to go with Kalk? Nothing wrong with Kalk, you just need to clean your pumps with either muriatic acid or citric acid.

Reefbreeders also sells dosing pumps as another thing to consider.

Back