New tank

Well the tank alone would be $600-$700 new plus at least another $500 for the stand and $300 for the canopy. So, if it is in good condition, $400 for the three isn't bad. Definitely better than $400 for a 120g new perfecto tank only. Just my 2 cents.

Dave

Yeah I sent him a PM. Depending on were exactly he is I believe I'll ask for updated photos and take a trip. Plan on buying the light setup as well. Could you look at that and see if its worth the $300 bucks he is asking.. I figure $700 for the whole setup with lights is a good deal.

Although i have no idea what a close loop means or is..LOL. I'm off to try and find out about that..

It does not look like a T5 fixture to me. Those look like compact flourescents. He did replace the ballasts but you may be able to get that fixture new for $329. I just cut and pasted the light name in yahoo and got a few hits at different online retailers. You could probably do the same for any of the other equipment. If it makes a difference to you it is made in China.

Based on the fact that it appears to be PC rather than T5 you may want to check some of the facts on the other equipment, The seller doesn't sound like he has much experience in the hobby.

Dave

^^ Ok thanks for the help sir. That is why I ask.

Did a further search on those lights... Not good at all. Many reports of them bursting in flames, arcing and the bulbs are really crappy. So thanks again.. That is why i ask :D

Last edited:
+1 on That Fish Place. And all tanks are not ever on sale there. Usually the common size rectangular tanks and sometimes the bio-cube type systems are on sale. I got my tank down there without a sale price to lure me in, but it was at least $150 cheaper than anywhere else i could find it. It's a 54gal corner bow and stand for $420. Kind of pricey for only 54gal, but i love that it's not a standard rectangle tank. Also i was in PA visiting family for Thanksgiving anyways, so i only had to drive about 30mins to get there! Even if you're only saving $80 or less, it's still worth the drive to just check it out. I'm almost positive that you'll walk out of there with more stuff than you planned on buying! It happens to me every time i go! A few times i was just going to get some specific frags, but then i found 2 Orange Sun Coral colonies for $6 each, a Red Mushroom Rock for $6, and 2 Ric Mushrooms that were mislabeled and picked up both for $18!

Back