New Thread--What Kind Of Corals Can I Keep Under These Lights?

1slapnuts

Ok, what kind of corals can I keep under this light setup ? Remember the tank is 48x24x25, and the 25 is the depth, it is a 120 gallon tank:

48 INCH 760 TOTAL WATTS

(2) 250 Watt HQI Double Ended 10K Bulbs
(4) 65 Watt Power Compact Blue Actinic Bulbs
(12) LED Moonlights
2 Energy Efficient External Ballasts
1 Energy Efficient Internal CF Ballast
Separate Power Cords For Each Device
Separate Switches For Each Device
Large Built-In Cooling Fan
Black Aluminum Non-Corosive Powder Coated Housing
German Reflectors
Mounting Legs
Tempered Glass Splash Guard

:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

Well, im not 100% positive, but im sure that you could have just about anything under those lights in a 120....

I was reading your other thread, you should look into T-5 lights if you don't want the MH. You can keep sps with a strong T-5 setup.

Well, I have been looking and researching, and it always seems someone thinks I don't have enough light. But this is it ...aaarrrrgggghhhh!!! I really like the combination of 3 types of lights, plus I will have the MH I really didn't want again to help with some SPS. And if they don't do well, I will just move them to the top of some rockwork or something. But here is the real reason.....the price on this system just couldn't be beat for brand new. Even 1/3 this wattage on T-5's cost more. So I think I will be buying this light without a doubt! FYI it is only $399 in case anyone else may be looking!!!! I still want some more feedback on what you guys think I can have in this tank under these lights! But figure this IS the light I will have!!!

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

I found it on Ebay actually, after I had already bought the other light I was asking questions about. So now I will have 2 seperate 48" new fixtures. Oh, and the LR (what was left) went with the tank. I sold my 210gallon about 2 weeks ago, and the people came and took it all away today! Here is the link to the light fixture for $399 in case anyone wants to check it out, I think he has about 6 left for now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/48-AquaVue-760W...ryZ46314QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:D

You can keep any high light corals in the upper two thirds of your tank and keep the lower third for lower light SPS, LPS or softies. It sounds like a nice light with a good price. Got a link?

I'm partial to VHO actinic, but I hear the others are getting much better.

That is a great deal, nice setup, but im stikin wih the TEK, cheaper, and that is the word that rings my bell now...lol.....WOW its late, im going to go to bed, maybe...thanks

Seth

I am interested in that light for $160 bucks. I think my dads tank at the office is 48 inch. I will measure it monday morning and if hes will to pay for the light we will buy it. I will let you know.

I am interested in that light for $160 bucks. I think my dads tank at the office is 48 inch. I will measure it monday morning and if hes will to pay for the light we will buy it. I will let you know.

Back