New Xenia pics...

ReefObsessor805

This is my lastest addition to my tank...enjoy?!

128653mini-Picture_199.jpg

128653mini-Picture_201.jpg

128653mini-Picture_204.jpg

Congrats...that's going to be the first coral that I intro. to my tank in the coming weeks. Keep us updated on how it's doing.

Adam

I actually just posted these same pics in your thread in the zoo forum, but for the softy keepers I'll post em again.

I had one sprig just like you about 7-8 months ago.
Today:
IMG_0712.jpg

from the back on the right side:
IMG_0654.jpg

And if you look close down on the far end of the tank, you can see that it has attached itself to my magnet!!!:eek1:
IMG_0642.jpg

I harvest about six stalks of it every 2 weeks and bring it in to my LFS. It nearly funds my entire tank.

It's been two days since it has been in my tank and it is looking like it is doing very well. It is on the sand bed so it is isolated from the other rock formations and the glass.
If I were to put it by the glass would it spread fairly quickly onto it? I would think that if it would grow onto the glass it would be easier to get it off than on the other pieces of LR.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7965658#post7965658 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cubman777
yeah, just move your piece close to the glass. Once it gets on the glass, removal is a snap.

yeah, just give it a few days and it will attach.
Also, it can be kind of bad to put it on the rocks because it can become a problem later if it really takes to your tank.

Back