Nice Job!

jnarowe

Nice Job on the video article. I have made a few myself recently to explain aspects of my system operation and design.

Great Topic! I hope this gets more people making videos. Some of my videos at reefvideos.com are pretty lame ( salinity... ack! )- but here are some tips.

• Have realistic expectations - Don't get discouraged if your video is not up to the standards you see on TV.

• Light the subject, and the video will look better - especially with a cheaper camera. Turn on every light and face a window.

• Many photo cameras take very nice quality video, and even though small, they are perfect for the web.

• Try to edit in photo's or a close-up of the subject. Watching 5 minutes of the same angle can be dull. Maybe film it twice - with one closeup, which you can cut to for emphasis.

• Close-ups look better than wide shots.

• You don't need to be an expert. Just openly present your experience for people with less experience.

• Have fun with it.

• Do it with 2 people if you can, and the information will flow more naturally.

Chris

Thanks Jonathan! Do you have links to your videos?

Chris, great tips :) I do hope that more people make videos, there is a lot of knowledge out there waiting to be shared.

Brian

Back