no more C-SEA?

The website is down and there is no active FB page. No idea if it's actually been dissolved or not. I know it's been struggling for a long time, there just isn't the interest in clubs that there used to be.

This is a real shame. I know I haven't been going, but this has been a successful club for half a century.

I used to go to the meetings and they were great. It was a very nice group of people. I was hoping to get active. I signed up a couple of months ago.

If anyone hears of it being reorganized, let me know. It can be 15 hobbyists getting together once in a while. Keep it simple.

I rejoined in October. I didn't receive a cancelation email or notice that the club was closing. I don't know who the officers are.

I am interested in joining/helping/starting a new Cleveland area organization if c-sea is closed.

We should contact the current officers. If they are no longer interested in their positions, new ones can be appointed. I would much rather make an effort to revive C-Sea than to start something new.

I am not in a position to make a huge time commitment, but would be willing to take a reduced role to keep the club around.

I was a past board member for CSEA (I am not an active member). Current paid CSEA members need to be aware of the by laws-any money left in the CSEA "coffers" has to be evenly distributed between the members. CSEA members have the right to know what and where the "moneys" made from the falls swap went and how it was distributed. By posting this.. my intentions are not to "poke the bear" just to let current paid members know what is legally stated if the club is truly dissolved.

My guess is no one is either trying to rob or dissolve c-sea and there is a small amount of money sitting in an account no one is paying attention to.

Does anyone know who the Treasurer was or who had access to the account? Money should remain with the club and be used to reorganize future meetings unless there is an active decision to dissolve the club - which makes no sense as long as we have members who want to see the club continue.

The club had been trying to get more members and active participation. They also have been requesting volunteers to run for unfilled board positions for over 3 years.

I believe it is too late to be saying what the club/board should be and shouldn't be doing. It appears to me that it has been discontinued/dissolved. People tried to keep it going but in the end what do you do when you can't get enough people to even fill out the board of directors?

I'm not going to second guess people that care about the hobby and donated lots of time. But, maybe after a break and we could reorganize a downsized, simpler club. Skype is free. Many cities offer meeting space free. Money doesn't need to be exchanged. Membership dues aren't necessary. Tank tours are free. This forum is free.

The cleveland-akron metro area is pretty large and should be able to support at least a smaller sized club.

For all those questioning, Yes C-SEA was dissolved at the end of December 2019. As called for in the Constitution and Bylaws, a special meeting was called for in November to discuss the future of the club. After discussion, a vote was taken of the members present, and the vote affirmed the dissolution. Also as specified in the Constitution and Bylaws, club monies were distributed to non profit aquatic entities. Yes sad to see but lack of member participation in the end was the final death nail. Cheers

I want to thank you, john, and the many others (not listed because I would likely miss folks deserving acknowledgements) for the hard work and many hours committed to CSEA over the years. I have a great appreciation, gratitude, and respect for all those who chose to serve as volunteers and officers of the club.

-Dave

Club

Club

Total newbie but I'm in for reviving! Dave hooked me up over a year ago with my first coral ever and a bunch of live rock and I'm very appreciative. Would be happy to be part of anything offering support and comradery in the hobby. You guys have been awesome to me and I'm all in.

Just a reminder, the domain name registration expires May 15 2020. I will not be renewing it. If anyone is interested in renewing it please let me know. As a FYI this domain name goes all the way back to when BRAD originated it. Cheers

Back