No more freight Charges on Salt

winstew

Just thought I would liek to share. I know alot of you get a good deal on Salt right now, but Dr Foster and Smith no longer have freight charges on their salt.

Tropic Marin 200g $58
Instant Ocean $36
Reef Crystals $39

This has been posted a few times. But if you print the page off PetSmarts site and bring it in to the store you will get it at that price. I forget how much it is but I'm sure Scotia-Reefer or TA know and will post it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7512850#post7512850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by winstew
20 views and no replies....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7513581#post7513581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scorp1on
This has been posted a few times. But if you print the page off PetSmarts site and bring it in to the store you will get it at that price. I forget how much it is but I'm sure Scotia-Reefer or TA know and will post it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7513638#post7513638 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scotia-reefer
Petsmarts site has a bucket of IO for $32. Print it out and bring it to the store and they'll honor it.

:D

What wasn't said...

You still pay shipping, just not paying for the freight. So price is more than what we can get local. Its nice when you can get good prices locally.

For an extra $4, I'll gladly let the UPS guy drop a few buckets off at my doorstep. :)

Thanks for the info winstew.

On a related note, for any of you that live near Clifton Park, a Pet Smart is coming to the Hanaford plaza. No more treking all the way to Latham Farms for a bucket of salt!

The other problem I frequently have with petsmart- they are out of salt! I'm sure it's TA's fault. :) By the time I visit 3 of them I might as well have paid for shipping. Also, they don't have much selection of salts if that is desired.

Some PetSmart don't carry salt at all.
Nyskayuna for example.

Agree with you Vin.

I only buy one at a time...I've heard of some buying 3, 4, 5 buckets at once! PS at crossgates has always had IO when I needed it except for once.

With tax it ends up totalling about $39 at petsmart

Also It pays to ask about the salt if it isn't on the shelf. Last time I went to the crossgates store they had all the salt in the back.

There is a Petco allready in Clifton Park and I know they carry salt, I think its where I bought my first bucket.

I don't believe petco honors internet prices as petsmart does. Also their prices are awful on dry goods.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7515212#post7515212 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xian
With tax it ends up totalling about $39 at petsmart
DFS: IO 160 gal bucket

$36.99 + $9.99 shipping (no freight charge) = $46.98

Approx $8 savings going to PS

Approx $8 savings going to PS [/B]

Actually, if you time the order to include other stuff you need to order online anyway, you can consider the shipping to be free (for the salt). :)

AND you don't drive all the way to PetSmart and lug that damn bucket to the cashier and then to the car. That's efficiency! :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7536598#post7536598 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vmiller
Actually, if you time the order to include other stuff you need to order online anyway, you can consider the shipping to be free (for the salt). :)

AND you don't drive all the way to PetSmart and lug that damn bucket to the cashier and then to the car. That's efficiency! :D
BUT...if I go to PS, thats just one less time I have to listen to my wife say, "NOW what did you order online :mad2: "

AND...hopefully I can get away without her even knowing!:D

Linda- I used it for a while when it first came out, but don't anymore- the magnesium was pretty high as I recall. No problems with it, just didn't see much difference.

Back