NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET
BAY AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

TONIGHT
NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS BECOMING EAST 15 TO 20
KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
BECOMING CHOPPY.

MONDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO AROUND 15 KNOTS
IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

MONDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

TUESDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS EXCEPT 15 TO 20 KNOTS
WELL OFFSHORE. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE
CHOP.

TUESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS EXCEPT 20 TO 25
KNOTS WELL OFFSHORE. SEAS 5 TO 8 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
CHOPPY.

WEDNESDAY
SOUTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS ROUGH. SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
AFTERNOON.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH
AROUND 20 KNOTS TOWARD DAYBREAK. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET. BAY AND INLAND
WATERS CHOPPY. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING.

THURSDAY
NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20
KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS
CHOPPY.

AARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE WEATHER
GMZ850-853-191615-
/O.EXB.KTBW.SC.Y.0017.080319T1300Z-080320T0800Z/
TARPON SPRINGS TO SUWANNEE RIVER OUT 20 NM-
ENGLEWOOD TO TARPON SPRINGS OUT 20 NM-
347 AM EDT WED MAR 19 2008

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM EDT THIS MORNING
THROUGH LATE TONIGHT

TODAY
SOUTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO GALE FORCE. SEAS 5
TO 7 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS ROUGH.

TONIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO GALE
FORCE...BECOMING NORTHWEST 20 KNOTS LATE. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS ROUGH. SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
EVENING...THEN SHOWERS LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

THURSDAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

THURSDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO
4 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

FRIDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY
AND INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

Re: wow!

Re: wow!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12127862#post12127862 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by divemonster
has this winter been typical for the Tampa Bay area?

Atypical!

Strange how my father-in-law likes this kind of weather when out in his 32' Pearson. He's not getting me out in that sailboat with this weather, though my 4 year old twins love it. Go figure.

Look on the bright side.. It could be even worse.. Here are my nearby forcast:

This is where we go fishing:
Chiniak Bay-Marmot Bay- 400 PM akdt Wed Mar 26 2008
...Small Craft Advisory tonight and Thursday night... .Tonight...NW wind 25 kt. Seas 6 ft. Freezing spray along the coast after midnight. .Thu and Thu night...NW wind 25 kt diminishing NW 15 kt by evening. Seas 5 ft. Freezing spray along the coast Thu morning and Thu night. .Fri and Fri night...W wind 20 kt diminishing variable 10 kts Fri night. Seas 3 ft. .Sat through Mon...Se wind 25 kt. Seas 9 ft.

1 hour plane ride away from me!
eastern Aleutians Cape Sarichef to Nikolski 400 PM ADT Wed Mar 26 2008
...Gale Warning Thursday night...

.Tonight...NW wind 15 kt. Seas 3 ft. Freezing spray. .Thu...S wind 15 kt becoming se 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 7 ft. .Thu night...Se wind 35 kt. Seas 12 ft. Snow or rain. .Fri...Se wind 35 kt. Seas 11 ft. .Fri night...S wind 25 kt. Seas 10 ft. .Sat...NE wind 15 kt. Seas 8 ft. .Sun...S wind 35 kt. Seas 11 ft. .Mon...SW wind 35 kt. Seas 12 ft.

But I hope you get to go out soon!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12186906#post12186906 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fareforce
Look on the bright side.. It could be even worse.. Here are my nearby forcast:

This is where we go fishing:
Chiniak Bay-Marmot Bay- 400 PM akdt Wed Mar 26 2008
...Small Craft Advisory tonight and Thursday night... .Tonight...NW wind 25 kt. Seas 6 ft. Freezing spray along the coast after midnight. .Thu and Thu night...NW wind 25 kt diminishing NW 15 kt by evening. Seas 5 ft. Freezing spray along the coast Thu morning and Thu night. .Fri and Fri night...W wind 20 kt diminishing variable 10 kts Fri night. Seas 3 ft. .Sat through Mon...Se wind 25 kt. Seas 9 ft.

1 hour plane ride away from me!
eastern Aleutians Cape Sarichef to Nikolski 400 PM ADT Wed Mar 26 2008
...Gale Warning Thursday night...

.Tonight...NW wind 15 kt. Seas 3 ft. Freezing spray. .Thu...S wind 15 kt becoming se 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 7 ft. .Thu night...Se wind 35 kt. Seas 12 ft. Snow or rain. .Fri...Se wind 35 kt. Seas 11 ft. .Fri night...S wind 25 kt. Seas 10 ft. .Sat...NE wind 15 kt. Seas 8 ft. .Sun...S wind 35 kt. Seas 11 ft. .Mon...SW wind 35 kt. Seas 12 ft.

But I hope you get to go out soon!

Yea I was looking at your weather on the NOAA site yesterday, seems the whole west coast of Alaska was getting killed.

When I was in Seward fishing two years ago in June, it was 80 degrees everyday for two weeks, seas were calm for the run down resurrection bay to the Gulf of Alaska, and we limited out everyday, was a picture perfect vacation. AND not one day of rain in 14 days...was amazing!

Richard TBS:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12187987#post12187987 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by liverock
Yea I was looking at your weather on the NOAA site yesterday, seems the whole west coast of Alaska was getting killed.

When I was in Seward fishing two years ago in June, it was 80 degrees everyday for two weeks, seas were calm for the run down resurrection bay to the Gulf of Alaska, and we limited out everyday, was a picture perfect vacation. AND not one day of rain in 14 days...was amazing!

Richard TBS:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

You lucked out big time!! I am hoping it starts to clam down, it has been this way for the past month. I have fishing trips coming up next month, so it better shape up! :p

You should come up here and go diving sometime out of whittier. They put in a HUGE artificial reef about 5 years back, and it is awsome! A bunch of stuff you dont see down there in your "warm waters."

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12188985#post12188985 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fareforce
You lucked out big time!! I am hoping it starts to clam down, it has been this way for the past month. I have fishing trips coming up next month, so it better shape up! :p

You should come up here and go diving sometime out of whittier. They put in a HUGE artificial reef about 5 years back, and it is awsome! A bunch of stuff you dont see down there in your "warm waters."

Yup, defiantly weird weather this year....I have only been under water four days this year, wind has just been relentless!

Diving, you dive?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12189308#post12189308 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by liverock
Yup, defiantly weird weather this year....I have only been under water four days this year, wind has just been relentless!

Diving, you dive?

A bunch of my friends dive, and I am starting my cold water diving lessons in a few month. It is really spendy from the diving gear you need up here. A friend is setting me up with used gear for about $1000 including the lessons, and cert (no O2 tanks though). I will see if I can track down a few of my friends pictures and link them here. The reefs up here are more alive than anywhere else in the world from what I am told. Something to do with the over abundace of plankton in the water I think. Tons of eels, gobies, crabs (big and small), corals, anenomes, etc.

Here are a few links of pics that were taken out of Whittier:

http://www.alaska.net/~scubaguy/gallery.htm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57372527@N00/sets/72157601490195940/detail/

If you decide to dive up here next time you come up, here is a good link with tions of information for cold water diving in alaska http://www.alaska.net/~surlyc/ACWD/links.html
http://www.divealaska.com/browser.php

And of course (since I am a Alaska nature photographer) my website will soon have underwater photos on it http://www.AlaskaStudio.com

I will try to get a hold of Chalie Sandberg. He is one of the best cold water dive photographers I have seen up here. He has some great pics. He is a pretty nice guy too. He is the one going to teach me. Up here we say if you can dive in Alaska, you can dive anywhere!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12190071#post12190071 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fareforce
Here are a few links of pics that were taken out of Whittier:

http://www.alaska.net/~scubaguy/gallery.htm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57372527@N00/sets/72157601490195940/detail/

If you decide to dive up here next time you come up, here is a good link with tions of information for cold water diving in alaska http://www.alaska.net/~surlyc/ACWD/links.html
http://www.divealaska.com/browser.php

And of course (since I am a Alaska nature photographer) my website will soon have underwater photos on it http://www.AlaskaStudio.com

I will try to get a hold of Chalie Sandberg. He is one of the best cold water dive photographers I have seen up here. He has some great pics. He is a pretty nice guy too. He is the one going to teach me. Up here we say if you can dive in Alaska, you can dive anywhere!

Hey!

Very cool stuff.

I used to live and work in northern California, up around Crescent City and the mouth of the Klamath River and the Requa Reservation.
Used to see deer, Elk, Bears, never *SAW* a cat but found signs of them.... remains of a deer carcasss etc....

some of the photos look like they would make killer wallpapers :)

Denny.

Back