Nudibranch ID

karlmarx

Hi I just found this little guy cruising the live rock. It has bright green "branches" when under blue light, cant see much of it with the flash however. I know most of these are not good to have, so I have him in a petri dish for now. So please let me know, should he go back into the tank or should I do something else with it?

filZIb3h.jpg

2Rbjtcxh.jpg

I suspect from experience it is a zoanthid eating nudibranch, and if it has bright greens in it then you most likely have, or have had zoanthids with green skirts that it has eaten.

If it was the good nudibranch, the ones that eat aptasia, it would be pure white

I suspect from experience it is a zoanthid eating nudibranch, and if it has bright greens in it then you most likely have, or have had zoanthids with green skirts that it has eaten.

If it was the good nudibranch, the ones that eat aptasia, it would be pure white

Yes I do have green zooanthids and he was crawling on the rocks about 6 inches away from a colony. So I guess thats why he was so green, he had just had dinner and was running to digest the meal.

Hopefully he was the only one.

The good ones (berghia) are white and brown normally but white when starving. But yes Dexter is right, soft coral eating bad nudi there.

Time to start dipping all your zoas every few days and inspecting for and scraping egg clutches off. Good luck!

Back