o2manyfish - Need Some Strong Folks for just a few mins - Will Pay with Frags

You got my #. Text me in advance when you plan on doing it if you need a hand. I'm local enough to swing on by

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the different offers to help. It's greatly appreciated.

There are technically 3 parts to the sump project.

Right now it's sitting top up.

First I need to tilt it onto it's back.

Then hopefully a few days later I need to flip it onto it's face

And then hopefully a few days later tilt it up and move it into it's final resting place.

For those that posted that they want to come help and check out the system. Absolutely, always happy to have visitors to check out the tanks and talk about fish and corals.

For the people that posted about doing damage to the tank by using a chemical to dissolve the silicone. I did some research on it. I need to do some testing to make sure I can keep the chemical where it needs to be to protect the main seams.

For those that are worried about the age of the tank, and the age of the silicone. I'm not sure where the "10" year life span of silicone originated from. I've been on the business side of the hobby since 1985 and never heard of it. Mark, the glass 60 tall tank in my Dad's office is over 35 years old. We glued the plastic frame back onto the top - but the tank seams are all still in tact.

The Waikiki aquarium has glass display tanks that are decades and decades old without any problems.

The tank I am removing the baffles from was built 2 years ago. Has never had any water in it and was stored inside a garage.

The concern about using a chemical that's going to cause harm to the future of the tank inhabitants... well it's a glass tank and glass is pretty good at not-absorbing things and leaching them back out.

So to get back on point. If I wanted to try to do the first flip on Weds of this week (Dec 27th). And we need (3) strong backs for the first flip.

Does Weds day or Weds afternoon or Weds evening work best for those that want to help?

It gets dark before 5 here. While that doesn't matter for flipping the sump. For those that want to check out the outdoor frag tanks. They frags look amazing in the house before it gets dark, assumming it's not overcast, as the sun goes down we get more blue from the sky. Then after the sun goes down there is only blue led over the frags - which looks good, but not as impressive as under the sunlight.

Who would like to come visit on Weds?????

Again, THANK YOU - THANK YOU for everyone that has offered to help and all the advice, it's so appreciated.

Dave B

Dave, I read much love for you in this thread. You are truly blessed. Happy Chanukah!

If I didn't have surgery scheduled I'd be there for sure. Good luck.

Hi Dave ...
I can probably help you out tomorrow- I know I am available first part of the day 10:00 - 2:00. (Later than that, not sure, but possibly).

I can help anytime after 4PM on weekdays. Been lurking on this forum for long enough, it's about time I met some of you in person. Plus I've gotten some free frags from Dave already so time to pay my dues :)

Hi Everyone,

Today (Weds) is not going to happen. I actually have to work today. Don't you just hate that when the thing that pays for the hobby gets in the way of making this hobby much more expensive... LOL

If by chance I get done before dark I will make a post and see if we can get some muscle over late afternoon/evening.

Thank you

Dave

Hello Dave,

I'm back in town and can help (a little). I'm available on Thursday before 11:30am and relatively flexible Friday, Saturday, Sunday (earlier in the day). May be able to help on Monday as well depending on what I end up doing Sunday night. LOL

Back