Odd Behaviour

void snail

So am really new to the marine side of fish keeping and recently set up a my first marine tank. Now from the research I have done it sounds like Clownfish really live up to their name with the behaviour and things they do, for example I have one of them that likes to float on its side at night to sleep at the top of the tank (I have a pair in the tank) they have being in there for about 7 weeks now and seem happy swimming eating and great colour then there is - BUBBLES- one of them has started blowing bubbles that look like the nest Bata fish make when they are starting to breed.

My question is, is this a normal behaviour?

Other than making and pushing the bubble to the side of the tank it looks healthy in colour and eating, no gasping jumping, or any other signs of stress, this is only a recent development maybe the last week or so and nothing new has come into the tank, was thinking maybe they are bored in the tank. Currently they are the only fish I have in the tank, with some live rock and plenty of places to hide.

Should I be concerned or should I seek professional (insert giggle here) help for the clown that has now received the new name of Bubbles

I did search the web and this forum and if I am honest didn't find anything that warrants mentioning so I thought I would ask here

So am really new to the marine side of fish keeping and recently set up a my first marine tank. Now from the research I have done it sounds like Clownfish really live up to their name with the behaviour and things they do, for example I have one of them that likes to float on its side at night to sleep at the top of the tank (I have a pair in the tank) they have being in there for about 7 weeks now and seem happy swimming eating and great colour then there is - BUBBLES- one of them has started blowing bubbles that look like the nest Bata fish make when they are starting to breed.

My question is, is this a normal behaviour?

Other than making and pushing the bubble to the side of the tank it looks healthy in colour and eating, no gasping jumping, or any other signs of stress, this is only a recent development maybe the last week or so and nothing new has come into the tank, was thinking maybe they are bored in the tank. Currently they are the only fish I have in the tank, with some live rock and plenty of places to hide.

Should I be concerned or should I seek professional (insert giggle here) help for the clown that has now received the new name of Bubbles

I did search the web and this forum and if I am honest didn't find anything that warrants mentioning so I thought I would ask here

I did some googling and it definitely appears to be a "thing" that people report but also that no one has an answer for. The good news is it's likely not a problem. Most have said that the female is the one doing it. Is it the female? (she will be the larger more aggressive of the two).

That is pretty much the conclusion I got from going to google and looking at a lot of posts, no one seems to have any answers, it is the larger of the 2, that we figured was going to be the female, tho I don't know the age of the pair unfortunately, both were only bout an inch long when I got them and one was even a little smaller, Maybe half inch, some posts indicate it could be a breeding behaviour but I honestly thought they wouldn't be close to maturity.

Thought I would come here and see if any one else had the experience of it. I just thought it was a super add thing and was curious.

Is the fish blowing bubbles out of its gill? I'm not saying that is always a sign of parasites or worms inside the gills, but it is one symptom of such. You should start seeing heavy breathing, yawning, scratching the gill area and swimming into the flow of a wave maker if there is an actual problem.

Is the fish blowing bubbles out of its gill? I'm not saying that is always a sign of parasites or worms inside the gills, but it is one symptom of such. You should start seeing heavy breathing, yawning, scratching the gill area and swimming into the flow of a wave maker if there is an actual problem.

Nothing of the sort. Like I said from all outward signs they are happy and healthy, chasing down food when placed in the tank, colour and swimming all seem fine, no gasping for breath and all ways comes to the front of the tank when watching them looking for more food. will keep an eye out for those behaviours thanks

Back