oh, but another lighting question

reefrat

hello...
in my tank i have 4-65watt compact flourescent bulbs. i was wondring if i could keep a clam if it were laced near the surface of my tank?...i would also give regular doses of dt's phytoplankton

also does anyone have any good cites about montipora capricornis?

:Dreefrat:D

Derasa and Squamosa: Possibly :)
Maxima and crocea: No way :(

How bout some more specs on your tank? What size are we talking about? What fish and inverts are in there? You don't want a clam if something you already have is going to pick on it!

i have a kole tang a blue devil...a peppermint and cleaner shrimp....mythrax crab....2 montipora capricornis,xenia...shrooms, and 2 leathers....it is a 55 gallon tank that was set up 3 months ago

You might be OK with a derasa or a squamosa, if you can get them to stay close to the lights. The problem is that they like to move, and those 2 species are often happiest on the sand bed. In your case, the sand bed is too far away from the lights.

If you're interested, I strongly urge you to read Daniel Knop's "Giant Clams" book before buying any clams.

Best of luck
Jeff

I got mine used on half.com I think new it's about $40. But, what you learn from it is worth not losing a $40+ clam due to know knowing something! :)

definately...i will try to get it soon and i would agree that money can not compare to knowledge

Back