Ok...ok...ok.

Blindside

I really wanted to just shut up but I'm having a good idea imho. (in my honest opinion) for the old dogs like myself.

This is a hobby where people come and go all the time.

No need to close WTMRAC this is not a good decision the club should be fun and ever changing and open for help. I believe we all have gotten busy, lazy, uninterested etc..in my opinion this often happens in summer time.

Lots of us stay in this hobby and never plan on leaving and most come back at some point in time. I believe the club would benefit from a members only input thread. Where we discussed club matters in this forum, not at anyones home where only a few can or will show up. I like the social gatherings but its not for everyone and hey I get that, so like I said the club must be ever evolving. The whole leadreship, president, vice pres stuff is boring and leads to unnecessary finger pointing. We Should have votes on this forum or whatever (i dont have all the answers)and let that decide our moves. I think we all have good ideas and this is way over blown.....I don't blame anyone cause that gets you nowhere obviously. And honestly this all looks silly to our other reef club friends and sponsors.

So I say lets change the laws/rules up a bit and keep our club open and ready for ideas. Hey I'll start the thread I paid my membership.

I say we make some cards and beg Richard, Andy to display our cards with this forum address and invite for a look see or questions. No need to ask Richard or Frank & Andy for a discount anymore we need to be helping them not the other way around.

Last edited:
I really wanted to just shut up but I'm having a good idea imho. (in my honest opinion) for the old dogs like myself.

This is a hobby where people come and go all the time.

No need to close WTMRAC this is not a good decision the club should be fun and ever changing and open for help. I believe we all have gotten busy, lazy, uninterested etc..in my opinion this often happens in summer time.

Lots of us stay in this hobby and never plan on leaving and most come back at some point in time. I believe the club would benefit from a members only input thread. Where we discussed club matters in this forum, not at anyones home where only a few can or will show up. I like the social gatherings but its not for everyone and hey I get that, so like I said the club must be ever evolving. The whole leadreship, president, vice pres stuff is boring and leads to unnecessary finger pointing. We Should have votes on this forum or whatever (i dont have all the answers)and let that decide our moves. I think we all have good ideas and this is way over blown.....I don't blame anyone cause that gets you nowhere obviously. And honestly this all looks silly to our other reef club friends and sponsors.

So I say lets change the laws/rules up a bit and keep our club open and ready for ideas. Hey I'll start the thread I paid my membership.

I couldn't agree more. I have thought about the same thing on having a private forum for members only. Would make it much easier to have a vote on something. I think we should have especially done this on the vote to close the club instead of letting a few people that could make the meeting make that decision. Would maybe make it easier for people to bring up new ideas and brainstorm also. I know I brought up a couple ideas on two seperate occasions and was looked at like I was crazy. And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because it wasn't the same person and they may or may not even be a member anymore. The few ideas I have had since then I have just kept to myself. Really hope we can do something to keep the club going.

Last edited:
You can use club member's e-mails to make them pay attention. I'm wondering how many members will post their opinion. I think there is no need to make a private forum. If we can get some idea or opinion from non-official members, it will be also valuable. Maybe, ideas from non-official or new members will be more useful to make future club direction if it survives.

I agree NCK no need for private forum ALL input is good. Just my opinion Pensfan and thats all it is nothing more...just think it makes good sense as do you!!!

And BTW the dueling Jays have both done alot for this club and are both good guys, they should be recognized and thanked!! I believe we need them to also PLEASE put their efforts into a new WTMRAC.

My biggest apprehension has always been going to a meeting at a strangers house. It just feels awkward to me. On the other side of the coin I would feel incredibly uncomfortable with a bunch of strangers in my house as well. I get that it's a great opportunity to share your tank(s) with others that share the passion but I just couldn't get over the hurdles of going to or inviting strangers in to my house.

Perhaps if meetings were held at a public place I would have had more encouragement to attend and once I got to know everyone that feeling would have gone away. I did enjoy going to the pre-opening of Four Winds. Maybe a meeting at a restaurant where everyone could have dinner and socialize followed by a trip to someones house to view a tank if you were interested.

Bravo Carlos!!
(Glad you're still engaged and active!)

I haven't been involved since last year, (when Jay Page and I each stepped down from our respective positions after the 2012 Frag Swap), but I think the problem is that the fate of the club has now already been decided.

The By-Laws were adjusted (circa-2011) to Thwart-off any attempt by club raiders, seeking to disband the club merely for its positive net worth (read: cash on hand), following a very successful year and frag swap, in no small part to everyone's collective input and help.

Fast forward to 2013:
Absent any other leadership (besides Jay Blundon) the club can't exist, without active participating members, continual recruitment (given attrition) and leadership.

(Personally, I'm only now starting to get my own life back together. I don't recommend anybody go through corporate bankruptcy with your employer. Its an utterly exhausting abyss; not unlike surviving cancer.)

Somebody else stated it better: from the ashes of WTMRAC, will rise a new phoenix. Perhaps that's MARS; if not by design, then by default.

This too shall pass, and I expect along with the (future) new folks, many of us (now older) members and hobbyists will re-surface, exactly as you suggested.

Politics is messy business. Rhetorically, "Can't we all just get along??"

Back