? on hose attachment

gatorolsen

I use a utility sink to fill up my water change bucket - I want to use a hose to make this process easier - can I just use a regular hose (cheaper for me) is the only problem about plastics or stuff leaching into the water from a garden hose sitting out in the sun - would I be alright with just using my hose indoors?

Thanks

Gatorolsen

I would think as long as you ran a good amount of water through the hose into the drain right before using it, you should be fine. If you wanted to be real safe, although having to spend a few $$, go to West Marine (Home Depot might have them) and buy a hose specifically designated for drinking/potable water (should be a white hose).

Thanks for the advice - I had already purchased a marine/camper hose listed as safe for people but found it to be a pain in the butt - it was cheap enough at the home improvement store that I didn't mind cutting it down if it worked but it was forever bending and kinking up.

I just wanted a short 5 to 6 foot length of a thicker hose that won't bend and kink up - like the hose attachements for reels.

So far, no real negatives so I will try one out and will take your advice of flushing it real well.

Gatorolsen

Back