??? on Protein Skimmer

TBHockey

I just bought a 210 Gallon Tank, the guy had it setup for Freshwater, it has a Sump but i think it is too small. So i am trying to find a good Sump, but I did find a ASM G4 (not the G4+) Used Skimmer for $275. Do you think its a good deal or should i go new for $419 for the ASM G4+. I will be doing mostly LPS, have no plans yet to do SPS currently.

I heard FAIOS makes some but not sure of price and won't be able to get down there until next week some time.

Essentially is this enough Skimmer for a 210?
Anyone have any better suggestions on a Skimmer?
Also i was trying to get 35 to 40 Gallons on my Sump, will that be sufficient?

If it were me I would go for the ASM G4+, the Sedra 9000 will produce more foam. It will cost about $130.00 to upgrade the G4 to A G4+. What is the size of the sump?
Steve

The Sump i have isn't very big, about 20Gallon. i was looking for a 35 or 40 Gallon Tank (preferably a Long) to make into a sump. thanks for the Info on the G4+, that is what i was thinking. I spoke to Ted and he recommended talking to John at FAIOS first to see what i would need and the price of his skimmers. if i don't go with John's, the ASM is my next option.

I have the G3 modded and when I asked John he said the Euro Reef in a side by side test killed the ASM. And I know John is making a better skimmer than the ER's. Now my skimmer works pretty good but if given the chance I would definitly buy an I-Tech. IMO

Back