heres the motor behind the system.

Cupboard next to tank
Picture022-3.jpg

left side of sump
Picture024-2.jpg

Right side of sump
Picture023-3.jpg

Picture025-2.jpg

Skimmer with a bottle of zeo food to compare size. It a large skimmer for a 350l system and its good for 900l light stock and 700 heavy stock. Its called a Hydor Performer 700.
Picture026-2.jpg

Growth is good. I think what may be throwing some people are the difference in photographs. One is normal and the other seems to photoshopped. Growth cannot be denied. That's phenomenal growth. However, the colors are way off with most of the "after" photos. They are WAY oversaturated.

That's not a knock on you at all. The tank is looking good and the sump area is very organized. I would try taking some pics with the same settings as used in the original photos. If you have upgraded cameras, just don't touch it up. You may have to adjust the white balance in some instances but you can get a much more accurate color representation without saturating your photos. Case in point, the fish in the 3rd pic in your first post almost blends in - the blue is so prevalent. I have T5's and they don't do that to my photos.

Just my two cents and my opinion. Looking forward to seeing future growth! Keep up the good work.

Ryan--if you're talking about Fintastic--I got a piece of this. It's from FHI and does have pronounced blue polyps at the tips.

Heller--that brown with blue tips should be disqualified. I have it in both tanks and it's the only sps that grows faster than xenia, but it a great piece!

i havnt touched the camera, some were taken before i upgraded my 2xt8 actinics to 4 x t5 tubes 1Xcolour pro and 3 ati actinics so thats prob why the colour difference. 2 weeks ago i set out to upgrade my lighting and its made the tank look alot different. Heres the details below.

Picture001-5.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

hope this shows why the colour is different as i would hat for people to think i photoshop my pics, thanks for all the good comments its just a shame theres always people looking for a witch hunt.

Dave

The date stamp on the two first pictures in this post read:
2010-08-03 T21:13:18
2010-06-07 T18:51:02
So it's actually close to two months.

so DNA isn't it great growth for just over 7 weeks [your point is ] why post on the thread with such a negative attitude i have seen this setup and for all you doubting toms the corals under the new t5 look even better than the pictures no photo shop needed thanks for sharing

Thanks for that killi, in future im gonna stock with the other forum. Nothing but negativity here, i mean come on how dare i have good growth. Sorry got my dates mixed up didnt realize it was 8 weeks not 6-7. Now i just feel stupid cause the growths rubbish.

Dave.

I can't see why you should be upset from the correct timespan to be revealed. It sort of proves your point.

i apologize dna, your right i guess you were proving me right rather than wrong.

Scaryperson, i dont feed them to be honest i feed the fish flake and twice a week i give them half a cube of lobster eggs so i guess they get some nourishment from the eggs. I only started sps about November last year and to be honest i was going to give up as they were all brown and no growth. Inface i lost more corals than i wanted too but these were imported corals which i now know are harder to keep. It was only the addition of the dsb in the main tank and the addition of a proper phosphate reactor that seemed to turn everything round. I would love a bigger tank but the resession is hurting the building trade really bad so im just happy to be still working at the moment. Ive just took some more pics of the tank and thought i would share them, as i said bear in mind that the sps only started in November ish and some are only a few weeks old.

Picture.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Again thanks, Dave

Back