One step closer

mpgrant77

So I finally got my stand done this weekend so I could get my tank setup. I finished the plumbing for the sump this evening so I feel like I am finally getting somewhere. Hopefully I get my RODI filters tomorrow so that I can get some water in this tank and test my work. Still amazes me the amount of work that goes into setting up a reef tank. Sorry pictures are rotated and I cant get them correct.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
19 posts and the guy is going to put water in his tank. 3111 posts and nowhere close to water in your tank. Something is very wrong here! lol:deadhorse:

I'm on my forth tank already. Not to mention all the others I have bought.

So I finally got my stand done this weekend so I could get my tank setup. I finished the plumbing for the sump this evening so I feel like I am finally getting somewhere. Hopefully I get my RODI filters tomorrow so that I can get some water in this tank and test my work. Still amazes me the amount of work that goes into setting up a reef tank. Sorry pictures are rotated and I cant get them correct.

FWIW, I personally wouldnt put RODI water in there to test for leaks. Just run a hose from the sink into it and fill the system and let it run for a week or so. This will help to flush any debris out of the system, and will save money having to refill again with ORDI water in case it does spring a leak.

FWIW, I personally wouldnt put RODI water in there to test for leaks. Just run a hose from the sink into it and fill the system and let it run for a week or so. This will help to flush any debris out of the system, and will save money having to refill again with ORDI water in case it does spring a leak.

Agreed!

On another note, very nice setup:thumbsup:

So you guys don't think that using tap water to test the system would leave behind any unwanted chemicals in residue?

The difficult part about water tests is getting all the water out. The last inch can be a pain to get out of the tank.

For that reason, I recommend filling the tank with one inch of RO water and the rest with tap. Then, after your leak test you drain all but the last inch out - which is pure RO and won't hurt anything.

. . . . internet advice . . . you get what you pay for . . . :)

-Mike

The difficult part about water tests is getting all the water out. The last inch can be a pain to get out of the tank.

For that reason, I recommend filling the tank with one inch of RO water and the rest with tap. Then, after your leak test you drain all but the last inch out - which is pure RO and won't hurt anything.

-Mike

Lol šŸ˜ that's hilarious šŸ˜‚.

-Mike

-Mike

Just to make it easier I will color the tap water red, and the RO water blue that way I know which water to take out after the test. I read somewhere on the internet that it will work.

Awesome idea! Beer from me to you next PN. This should be a sticky in the beginners forum.

-Mike

Back