Opinion on aqueon proflex sump

hmspradlin

As titled, need opinions on the Aqueon proflex sump please. Thinking about model number 4. It's for a 90 gal but hoping to use it for a 120 gal when I upgrade eventually.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First time I've ever heard of this sump, but personally don't like the design at all. Tons of better options imo.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

First time I've ever heard of this sump, but personally don't like the design at all. Tons of better options imo.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Suggestions on better options? What about eshopps r200?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If the siphon which drains to the cylinder which is what I think and the cylinder has a bottom then it is an ok design. The drain comes into the cylinder (it must have bottom cap on it), then it comes up through the top of the cylinder into the filtersocks (change to 25 micron, not 200). then into reactor chamber then into return. Pretty basic as long as you can get your skimmer into the second chamber. If not running refugium, then perfectly fine, but pricy. No rocket science here on a sump, a lot of folks make a big deal over it and spend a crap load of money, but you basically need a siphon chamber, into filtersocks (if running), a couple baffles, someplace for your skimmer and some carbon bags and return pump area (internal or external). Pretty don't make it any different than a rubbermaid with chambers :).

Last edited:
Back