I currently have a 93G Cube.

Currently housing
1 - Maroon Clown (4 years)
1 - Yellow watchman goby (5 years)
1 - Bi color blenny (5 years)
1 - six line wrasse (1 1/2)
1 - blue tang (2 years)
1 - Cleaner shrimp (3 years)

Just seeing what you guys/ladies would think about adding any fish. I would like to do a group or schooling fish. Any opinions welcome. doesn't have to be schooling fish either.

Thanks

Im not trying to be a downer or chastise you or anything but when i look at your list on paper it seem's like almost any addition is going to be an uphill battle, you have some of the more aggresive types of some of the most popularly kept fish(clowns, wrasse .dont know what tang you have exactly)

I know a fully grown and established maroon clown can take up to 50 Gallons of tank space as their "territory". im imagining yours is quite large as you've had it 4 years.They will sometimes even bite an aquarists hand during routine maintance (my false percs do this.) and maxing out at 6 inches can bite hard enough to draw blood.

Sixlines have all kinds of horror stories about them killing new additions and sometimes even residents after becoming established(some say reaching sexual maturity.)

When you say blue tang i dont know which species your speaking about but of all the species with blue in their names im getting the smallest tank size to be 6' 125 gallons. this is further compounded by the fact you have a cube style tank which is the worst for fish that like to swim alot. Tangs are also known for being somewhat aggressive when established depending on the species but are also known for heightened aggression in the presence of inadequate swimming room

Just my opinion but to me it seem's anything you add is its getting is snot beaten out of it.
Maybe others will feel differently or know of a suitable species.

Last edited:
I agree with the post above from Kidd Reef. If the blue tang is P. hepatus, this is a very active tang that will grow, if properly fed, to about a foot in length.

Add 5 longspine cardinalfish, they will give you a lot of movement.

But you will definitely have to get rid of your blue tang or upgrade, that tank is way too small for it. With sixlines, you either have a great beautiful fish, or an aggressive nightmare. If you have the latter, either get rid of the fish or don't add any others.

Last edited:
The tang absolutely has to go.
I second the longspine cardinal suggestion.
Also, get your goby a pistol shrimp, maybe a tiger pistol.

I currently have a 93G Cube.

Currently housing
1 - Maroon Clown (4 years)
1 - Yellow watchman goby (5 years)
1 - Bi color blenny (5 years)
1 - six line wrasse (1 1/2)
1 - blue tang (2 years)
1 - Cleaner shrimp (3 years)

Just seeing what you guys/ladies would think about adding any fish. I would like to do a group or schooling fish. Any opinions welcome. doesn't have to be schooling fish either. You may at some point want to remove the blue tang and add a smaller tang like Yellow or a Kole and let it grow.

Thanks

I have the same tank as yours. I have a small Juvi Yellow Tang, 2 pajama Cardinals and a Citrinis Goby. Will probably add a flame hawk later.

Back