Orca Review

liquidfunk

Premium Member
Hey Paul, couldnt the skimmer be drained using the drain in the pump itself? Darts have a drain just below the 2" intake. YOu could attach a small ball valve (like a john guess fitting with a 1/4" NPT and ball valve). Attach some RO style line and drain the skimmer to the bottom of the pump.

having never seen one of these skimmers, I could be totally wrong, but it seems it would allow you to drain it almost all the way.

Im gonna have to pick one of these up at some point for my 220, I love everything Sequence.

Yes you can do that, in fact some people are doing that very thing. Its a good idea since the pump should be cleaned every 4-6 months.

I am sure you will be very happy with the skimmer.

Paul.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11156733#post11156733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pwhitby
Yes you can do that, in fact some people are doing that very thing. Its a good idea since the pump should be cleaned every 4-6 months.

I am sure you will be very happy with the skimmer.

Paul.

I didn;t see any instructions for cleaning the skimmer or the pump included with it. Do you tear down the pump? Loving this skimmer

Thanks

No there weren't any instructions. I haven't cleaned mine yet, so Im not the best one to respond on this. There is a thread on RC regarding the skimmer and maintenance. I will look it up and post the details later for you.

Paul.

4 Questions:
1) What is the size of the reaction chamber?
2) How many watts does the pump draw?
3) How much air is injected?
4) What is the maximum and minimum amount of water you can pass through the skimmer per hour?
thanks, Chris

The actual size of the reaction chamber is 12 x 15.5 inches

Wattage on the pump varies with the air flow. Its around 120W.

Air injection varies very much on the set up, a few people have measured and some of those results are in the thread on the Premium Aquatics site. Ill get the thread and post it here.

Water flow should be around 400gph....but it can handle more

the thread with a lot of other people experiences is here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1096170

tthere is a great deal of information there as well.

HTH

Paul.

Back