Ordered my MH today

blooper74

In Memoriam
Well I finally made the step up to MH lighting today. I ordered a 70watt MH with 14K bulb today for my 10gal. Everything in the tank is doing fantastic with the PC, so I can only imagine how awesome the tank is going to look with the MH. My GSP is spreading like wild fire, so is the clovaria(sp.) My shrooms are multiplying nicely and my frogspawn and leather look very nice. I have a friend coming over this weekend with his digi-cam to take pics for me to post. So in just a few more days I will finally have some pics to post for you guys/gals to check out.

Cool, one of my 14k bulbs turned a yellow/purple color so I'm getting a new one sent to me.

Well thats not very good. Was it something wrong with the bulb or something you did? Are they replacing it for free or do you have to pay?

very cool..over 10 gal...i have 5 1\2 gal i might do the same thing..i see those 70w halide ballast on ebay all the time for 15.00 buck and the bulb for 35.00 but there in 10k and 20k...havent seen 14k..please post some pic..when you get installed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6752376#post6752376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blooper74
Well thats not very good. Was it something wrong with the bulb or something you did? Are they replacing it for free or do you have to pay?

No it just started turning a funky color 5 days ago and does it on and off.

The company has sent me a new bulb for free.

Yeah I will do that. I guess I could at least post my perams.
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ammonia: 0
PH: 8.2
SG: 1.026
Temp: 80.2

Doses: Kent Marine Essential Elements
Kent Marine ChromaPlex
Pickling Lime once a month (for now)

Water: RO water

Salt: Reef Crystals

Thermometer: Coralife Digital

Tank: 10gal AGA

Refuge: Aqualine HOB

Lighting: Soon to be, 70watt MH 14k Bulb
Currnetly: 65watts PC, 18watt actinic03

I think that's about it for now. Oh! livestock.

5 Scarlet Hermets
1 Turbo Snail
25 Stomatella Snails (various sizes)
1 Peanut Worm
20-25 Red Mushrooms
4 Watermellon Mushrooms
8 Blood Mushrooms
2 Hairy Mushrooms
1 Medium Frogspawn
1 Medium Leather
1 Pink Xenia
1 Red Xenia
1 8"x4" GSP
18 Orange Zoo Polyps
1 Colony Feather Clovia
1 Colony Pink Clovia
and
25-30 Cnideria and counting.

where's the pics @. can't wait to see what the 10gal. looks like. gives me something to shoot for!

ps. what did you do with your old lights?

I am still waiting for my friend to come by with his digi-cam for the pics (sorry). The old lights are going to go into my next nano for my bedroom.

Back