OT: Just saw Fearless

Unarce

Unshackled
For you HK Film fans, this was a well made movie.

Sadly, this is Jet Li's last martial arts period piece. It's a biopic of legendary Jin Wu founder, Huo Yuan Jia. Great action and touching story. It's actually a nice prequel to Bruce Lee's Fists of Fury (or Jet Li's remake, Fists of Legend).

Should be out in theatre's later this month.

that movie was made many years ago, released in asia first, It is a shame we are just getting it now.

I saw it a year ago and it was pretty good. There is also The Myth by Jackie Chan. I like that one also.

Another good martial art movie that is coming out in the US is The Protector originally titled "Tom Yum Goong ". It's going to be release on the 8. There is no real story in the movie. Just people getting their bones broken.

by lanxang
Another good martial art movie that is coming out in the US is The Protector originally titled "Tom Yum Goong ". It's going to be release on the 8. There is no real story in the movie. Just people getting their bones broken.

Yeah, I saw this one several months ago. Basically, the same plot as Ong Bak except he's going after his elephant instead of the head of his statue:p

The battle with the capoiera fighter was visually stunning, and the non-stop, uncut 7 minute battle up to the restaurant couldn't be duplicated by anyone else but Jaa:eek2:

The protector, That is some new guy on the block, that is suppose to be better then Jackie and Jet. I saw the trailer for it, Looks interesting.

Since we are on the topic of movies, I didnt even know there was a new Rocky movie coming out.....

Interesting...

Originally posted</a> by Nu2SW
The protector, That is some new guy on the block, that is suppose to be better then Jackie and Jet. I saw the trailer for it, Looks interesting.

If it's possible, Jaa may be more physically gifted than Li and Chan. This guy doesn't need any wires. It remains to be seen whether he has the same stage presence as those two.

Jaa also did a "cameo" in another movie a year or so ago.. The Bodyguard I think it was. The cameo was well done. The main star of the movie was his co star from Ong Bak. And Tony Jaa doesn't really qualify as an HK movie star, since I am pretty sure he is Thai :p

Tony is definetly Thai, that was the only reason why I was able to understand what he was saying. :).

I think with Tony, you're pretty much just going to watch him beat people up. Hopefully he will grow as an actor.

This guy doesn't need any wires.

Actually I hate to ruin it for you, but he holds onto wire in his hands. Now knowing that, whenever I watch his movies, it takes the punch out of all the moves. I remember the first time I saw Ong Bak that was a great experience.

Being a martial artists, there are certain things that definatly looked like there were wires. But there is no doubt that he has talent and is an excellent martial artist, but so is Jet Li. Very different styles though. As for Chan, his brand of martial arts is all show. Its more of a gymastic stylke than a fighting style, which there is no problewm with. He has never claimed how good his martial arts is. His main goal is to entertain.

I think with Jaa will never be as big as Chan or Li though. Not because of any lack of talent or anything, but only because of where he is from. The Thai movie industry has got along way to go before it even comes close to HK's movie industry. Plus with the collaboration of many HK and US directors and actors, its much easier for HK stars to enter the US market.

Back