OT: Mazda3

I have one and love it. Well, love it 99% of the time. It's the first new car I've ever owned (I have an '07). I have one minor issue with it, but I still love the car. Definitely get the bigger engine. It's worth it. I wish it had heated seats and that I'd gotten a sun/moon roof, but other than that it's perfect. If you have kids, you may want to throw them all in and see how the fit is - it's a smaller car. I had a really hard time fitting a 40 gallon tank in it, but managed with a little manuevering. Also, make sure your local dealer is good, it will make a difference when it comes to maintenance.

I've had a Mazda MPV for 5 years and can't say anything bad about Mazda. I went 5 years (120,000 miles) before I needed new brakes and outside of routine oil changes, I'll bet my repair costs have been under $1000 (parts and labor) in that 5-year period. Others I know who have purchased a Mazda vehicle have seen similar reliability in their vehicles.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12209743#post12209743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bassist6108
I have one and love it. Well, love it 99% of the time. It's the first new car I've ever owned (I have an '07). I have one minor issue with it, but I still love the car. Definitely get the bigger engine. It's worth it. I wish it had heated seats and that I'd gotten a sun/moon roof, but other than that it's perfect. If you have kids, you may want to throw them all in and see how the fit is - it's a smaller car. I had a really hard time fitting a 40 gallon tank in it, but managed with a little manuevering. Also, make sure your local dealer is good, it will make a difference when it comes to maintenance.
I want the 2.4 or what ever it is instead of the 2.0. I cannot justify getting the speed edition. No kids so the car is for my wife and the dogs. I looked at the Lancer and fell in love, but the wife vetoed it.

Yeah, i think it's a 2.3 instead of 2. That's what I have, and it was worth the slightly more bank. Overall, it's a great car. Sporty, but not too much.

the mazda3 is a better car than the lancer, unless your getting the evo. My gf and i are actually contemplating buying one when she moves up to chicago.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12211430#post12211430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dohc97
the mazda3 is a better car than the lancer, unless your getting the evo. My gf and i are actually contemplating buying one when she moves up to chicago.
no evo for me. I did really like a dealer demo Lancer at the scham. Mitsu. 16g's. Slick looking. I am leaning towards the Mazda 3 ssport or the s touring. so I get the bigger engine and a little better features.

speaking of the evo...
Remember this car?
IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

yuck, when did you see that car? i would rather have a skyline than an evo, an r32 skyline

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12225487#post12225487 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dohc97
yuck, when did you see that car? i would rather have a skyline than an evo, an r32 skyline
I used to work at a place in lakemoor and volo auto mall kept it's overflow cars in the building next to us. Outside that day was both 2 fast 2 furious cars and Shaq's West Coat chopper (I think that's who made it).

Back