OT; Pool guys, recommend converting to salt?

sinful

I just had my pool resurfaced and retiled. It's been about a week and I'm considering converting to salt. I know I need to wait at least a month if I decide to convert over though.

Do any of you pool guys have any recommendations? I am tired of lugging chlorine jugs from the store so that would definitely be a plus. I also hear *IF* your cell lasts, it can also have cost savings not to mention the water is supposed to have a better feel to it ...

And lastly, after plumbing tanks it doesn't seem like it would be hard at all to install, where do you guys recommend I purchase it from? Amazon? My pool is 19k gallons, would a 25k haywood aqua rite system be a good fit?

Definitely going to salt will make your pool life 100% easier! Plumbing should be no problem. Sounds like you have selected right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look into Tampa bay area pools. $50/month and they take care of the chemistry as well as install a salt system FREE. They own the salt system and are responsible for maintaining it. I am typically a DIYer but find them to be a great value.

Look into Tampa bay area pools. $50/month and they take care of the chemistry as well as install a salt system FREE. They own the salt system and are responsible for maintaining it. I am typically a DIYer but find them to be a great value.

Man I wish they came up here....I would be all over this.....

NVM they do....Contacting them now.....

My buddy installed the compu pool on his they are like half the price of Hayward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought a new house about 8 months ago. It has a Hayward Swim Pure+ salt water system on it. Maintenance has been a breeze! Spend more time swimming and less time adjusting chemistry! One thing I will recommend, the cell we have is way over rated for our pool size. It only runs at about 15% to keep our chlorine right. Everyone says that is the best way to make them last. The people who we bought the house from seemed to do everything right when it came to upgrades :) Besides a cup or 2 of acid once a month and a few cups of stabilizer here and there, that is all I have had to do in the last 8 months. Maybe $40 total??

Aaron

We had the AquaRite system at our last house and it worked pretty good. I only had to worry about adding acid. I will say sometimes I would get warning lights on the controller even after cleaning it. The cartridge will require periodic acid baths.

I run a lot of blue essence salt systems on my pool route. There is a couple purechlors which I don't really like. Your best cells are Hayward or pentair. The blue essence should be available a little bit cheaper than a starite. You'll probably be using about two bags a month during summer on that size pool. Which will save you on chlorine costs. Just be sure to keep up with the maintenance on it.

If you have an automation board already most will have a plug in for the cell to just plug in. Also you can use natural chemistries scale free and cut down how much you need to clean your cell. The pools I use it on seem to have the cells lasting longer as well.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will probably purchase the Haywood 25k system when the time is right. Or maybe 40k if it's worth it to double?...

Hayward Swimpure Extreme, it has more titanium on the plates of the cell, best warranty and comes in several sizes. You don't have to buy the biggest, just make sure you're overcompensate by 30% or more. You don't want to buy a system that barely covers your total volume of water, you won't be happy with the results. Pentair is definitely a good choice too but Hayward has a longer warranty period on parts.

Once you got salt you never go back =)

I pull out the element and soak it in a cup of vinger a few times a year, other then that there's about zero maintenance

salt is buch better but not sure it is totally worth the upgrade cost. old pool was chlorine and new house has salt. never could justify the cost side of it. it is all bout personal preference.

What about pumps? Do you guys recommend the variable speed? What model/size for 18k pool? Currently have old pump we run for 8hr/day, thinks it's 1.5 hp.

A variable speed pump could save you money if you use it correctly. Need a 220v supply to use the better ones. Hayward Ecostar or Starite Intellipro 2 would be my choice.

Back