OT - Restaurant Ideas for Groups? Near Convention Center

forddna

I need some restaurant ideas for a large group somewhere near the convention center. I'd prefer to find a place that has a private room for groups. Does NOT have to be a fancy place. I care more about having a private room than anything else, but the food should be good, too. I'd prefer to keep it $20-40 per person range, too.

Ideas??

There is a Maggiano's at Pointe Orlando. You can view the menu online and they have family style options available and 5 private rooms.

Looks really nice, but too pricey. Not everyone can afford the $37 per person. I didn't realize that place had set prices like that. :(

I was going to suggest Maggianos too. That is the cheapest place that I know of in that area that has private rooms. The problem is they know that can Jack up the prices because its near the convention center. Its all corporate money going in there and they know most of the time price is no object.

Wouldn't be any problem just us, but I can't ask everybody to pay that much. I need something where somebody can get a $40 meal or a $15 burger. I'm thinking of Bahama Breeze now. It might be more our speed anyway. We're all a bunch of drag racers, going to the convention center for an industry trade show. Not everyone in the group is into white linen restaurants. :)

I called down there, and was told to call back to talk to the manager tomorrow. We shall see.

Try BB Kings, they might have what you are looking for. More options if you are willing to drive a few miles to Sand Lake Rd also known as "restaurant row"

Sorry it's out of the price range...the food is really good in my opinion. Btw how fast are the cars you all race? I am in the high 11s with race gas.

We have a member that has experience in finding rooms for events. She has done it for ORCA several times and come out with some good pricing(good compared to what they first ask for). You can try her on the ORCA website under Aquanomer. She is very busy working on MACNA 2010 so hopefully she can get some time to get you some pointers and locations she has already dealt with. Good luck.

May I suggest Cantina Laredo on Sand Lake the best Mexican food around.Its high end atmosphere but prices are between 12 and 28 for entrees.I see large groups in there all the time and when guest come from out of town they always request to go there as they love it.I love Bahama Breeze but the location next to the convention is the busiest and loudest one there is so maybe not good for a group meeting.It is my go to for late night dining as they will seat up to 11:30pm.Anylater then that its Millers Ale House till 2am.

Sorry it's out of the price range...the food is really good in my opinion. Btw how fast are the cars you all race? I am in the high 11s with race gas.

There are 6 cars in my class that are in the 6s. Most are in the mid to low 7s. I've not run mine 1/4 mile yet, but it has gone 4.96 @ 149 in the 1/8. All the races I go to are 1/8 mile.

There are 6 cars in my class that are in the 6s. Most are in the mid to low 7s. I've not run mine 1/4 mile yet, but it has gone 4.96 @ 149 in the 1/8. All the races I go to are 1/8 mile.

Mid to low sevens 1/8 would be 10.9-low 11s on average I guess for the 1/4 mile. That 4.96 @ 149 is INSANE!!!!!!!! I'm guessing thats not a daily driven car lol.

Back