Our Tank

Grunt

Premium Member
2227Tank_4Web.jpg

My wife Katy and I, are joining SEAS. You may have seen us at the last meeting if you attended. :D

Anyways, Katy thought I should post some pictures of our current tank. So I thought why not. We sold our house and moved from Kentucky about a year or so ago to the Lebanon area, but we couldn't stand the daily drive to springfield. So, we moved to SPRGFLD.

We only brought one tank, we have about 1000 gals in storage though. :( Little history if you care. I oversaw a saltwater store in Tampa, FL many years ago and did maintence on the side. I also used to breed clownfish. Katy entered the hobby by helping with my addiction. LOL. Also, we use to be members of the middle tennessee reef club and a reef club in Tampa.

Tank Size: 15gal Long
Refugium: Hangon 3-4 gal
Lighting: 2X65W PC
Water flow is provided by a Koralia 4. Yes a 4.

Current Livestock is:

Fish:
One Pair True Percula, captive bred
Large Yellow-watchman Goby (1)

Invertebrates:

Rock Boring Uchin (1)
Nassarius Snails (4)
Bumblee Snails (2)
Margarita Snails (2)
Astrea Snails (6)
Turbo Snail (1)
Emerald Crab (1)
Thousands of tiny starfish
Limpets
Misc snail with sponge on top
Few misc worms

Corals:

Electric Green Star Polyps (2nd/3rd generation)
Long Tentacle Sarc leather x 2 (AQ'd)
Purple Mushrooms
Green Frilly Mushrooms
Hairy Mushrooms (AQ'd)
Frogspawn
Torch
Hammer
Pink Zoas (AQ'd)
Electric Green Zoas
Green Palys

Full tank shot with only actinics and both.

2227Tank_058Web.jpg

2227IMG_1691Web.jpg

This is what I'm bringing to the next frag swap- pink zoas and maybe some GSP.

2227Tank_06Web-med.jpg

2227Web17241.jpg

2227Tank_3Web.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Sorry for the algae on the glass and the poor camera.

Welcome to the club Josh & Katy! It was good meeting both of you at the club. Your setup looks awesome - those star polyps are going crazy. It looks like you do a good job keeping them "pruned."

I can't believe you put a Koralia 4 in a 15-gallon :) ! Now that's some FLOW. Looks like everything is health and HAPPY - good job!

David

Thanks guys,

Yeah I need to get back into SPS. They use to grow like weeds in this tank.

I turn over greater than 80 times an hour. :D

hahah

We have a base to match, but becuase of the height of the wetbar under the stairs there is not not enough room for it.

Well this tank developed a crack, and we upgraded to a 20gal. We lost a monti, the torch, some stylopora. We've gotten a few things as well. I will try to get some new pictures up sometime.

Back