Overflow and flow-pump location for peninsula

DjPhato

Hi all, I need your help for my project :)
I am planning to build a peninsula style tank with GlassCages, dim 36"x22"x23" height , questions:

Overflow option 1 (left side of the picture): 6x15 box with placing two nero 5 on both sides of the box. Its a tight fit and I worry that the flow will be compromised by the fact that the pump will be too much in the back (length of the pump is 2in, and box is 6in deep)

Overflow option 2 (right side of the picture): 6x22 box with placing two nero 5 using the glass of the box itself (thickness should be 16mm and nero 5 magnet works up to 16mm). I worry that the nero will not be stable and attach firmly on the glass, maybe I can ask to make it a bit thinner. In addition, can the magnet be placed inside the overflow box and under water?

That short side of the tank will go against the wall and I cannot use ecotech as the magnet is too big.

Question: They provide the bulkheads but where can I buy the rest of the plumbing material? I am sure I can find everything in hardware store, but do you know of aquarium specialized kit for this? Is it going to be noisy?
Thank a lot to everyone, so excited to get back to aquariums after 7 years!!!
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

If you use the Bean Animal style drain with 3 holes the tank will run silently. Glass Cages will know what to do just by the name.
I'm not sure about Nero but I have used Tunze on an overflow box. I would check with them, but my thoughts are yes.
You will need a Gate Valve on the main drain. You will have to get that from a plumbing store or online. The rest of what you need can be found @ the big box stores.
16MM is just over 5/8". For just the overflow box 3/8"glass should be sufficient.

Back