Pest ID

Travis1787

So i tried dipping some of my troubled acans(and a chalice) in bayers and i found 2 diff critters ... Maybe nothing but if you can help awesome. First is deff some type of flat worm or baby snail? Sorry on advance for the pics....

In this one you can see the v tail on the right end

And this one i could see swimming on the top of the container after i rinsed the corals. i believe i saw others dead they are very small and have a white or clear body with a black ball like end im assuming is the head

Here it is straight

And here it was moving

I know the pics arent good but i figured it was worth a shot any info would help

Yea the top one looks like a flat worm. Weird cuz i havent seen any and my sps are fine. And those came off acans and chalice

Yea the top one looks like a flat worm. Weird cuz i havent seen any and my sps are fine. And those came off acans and chalice

possible look into a natural predator like a wrasse or flatworm exit if you go med route I like the first option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bannana wrasse and sixline that decimate anything moving lol. Definitely some hearty eating fish!

I have a wrasse a hoevens ... these worms are too small and live in the corals anyways no grass is going to take care of them if they are even what my problem is

I have a wrasse a hoevens ... these worms are too small and live in the corals anyways no grass is going to take care of them if they are even what my problem is

yellow coris, sixline, melanrus the Halichores species are good....six line I heard can be aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have many species specific predators, but not on Acans. Even though I'm sure there are a few. But, I have seen Peppermint Shrimp destroy Acans, as well Copperband Butterflies and Rabbitfish.

Back