Phosphate v.s. Phosphorus

Chrisq0904

Im currently using Red Sea to test my phosphate, I want to start dabbling into SPS again and want to accordingly purchase a Hanna checker. I noticed they have a Phosphate and a Phosphorous checker. Which one would be better to test for the lower range phosphate, assuming I can just use the Red Sea if my levels go up high enough.

phosphorus is great for lower level. It measures in ppb (parts per billion), whereas phosphate hanna measures in ppm (parts per million). The margin of error is better with the phosphorus also. I have the phosphorus checker if you want to check it out.

I literally just ordered the bought the Hanna Instruments HI713 Checker HC Handheld Colorimeter for Phosphate from Amazon yesterday morning. Should I have ordered the Phosphorous test instead.

I just purchased the phosphorous checker on eBay. I was able to find a combo that came with 25 extra packets.

I literally just ordered the bought the Hanna Instruments HI713 Checker HC Handheld Colorimeter for Phosphate from Amazon yesterday morning. Should I have ordered the Phosphorous test instead.

If your phosphates are below .1. I would recommend the phosphorus

Chris. Thanks for the info just bit the same one

I hear u on the .04 margin of error which is large! That's why I just ordered the HANNAH phosphorous kit. I think the margin of error should be less. Or so I hope. Can anyone using it elaborate ?

I hear u on the .04 margin of error which is large! That's why I just ordered the HANNAH phosphorous kit. I think the margin of error should be less. Or so I hope. Can anyone using it elaborate ?

I use it, the error margin is +/- 5ppb. Better accuracy for lower range. I highly recommend it :)

Ok so I just received my Phosphate checker from Amazon. Amazon Prime is awesome, 2 day shipping. Should I return it and get the Phosphorus checker?

I've actually been meaning to sell my phosphate checker to get a phosphorus one due to the better accuracy so I would say yes.

Back