Pinellas County Water Maintenance- May 26th - June 15th

Ted_C

Pinellas County water will be performing their bi-annual chlorine disinfectant from May 26th through June 15th.

This is where they start sending chlorine instead of chloramine to flush out and disinfect the pipes.

Those with RO/DI systems should keep a close eye on their RO wastewater to determine if any chlorine break-through is occurring and replace carbon blocks immediately if this is occurring.

chlorine breakthrough (chlorine measured in the RO waste water) means your carbon blocks are shot and not absorbing chlorine anymore.

Passing chlorine down to the RO membrane degrades it and reduces the effectiveness.

Question-

If well water is used, does one still have to check for Chlorine?

I have a drinking water SpectraPure RO/DI system and am planning on using that for the tank

Question-

If well water is used, does one still have to check for Chlorine?

I have a drinking water SpectraPure RO/DI system and am planning on using that for the tank

There should be no chlorine in your well water unless you are adding it. (Via liquid hypochlorite additions)

I would still run the carbon block on your RO/DI system to adsorb any organics that may be found in groundwater.

Back