Planning my All Predator Monster Tank - 650g +

Hello to the group,

I’m in the process of planning my monster all predator dream saltwater tank. I’m still deciding on the exact size, but it will probably end up either 12’ or 14’ long up to a maximum 16’ long and either 30” or 36” wide and 30” tall.

It will be a FOWLR tank that will be fully automated with a remote equipment room and RO/DI and Saltwater storage in the equipment room as well. I like the idea of all of the noise and mess far away from the DT, so that’s my current plan.

Back when I still had hair, I had several predator tanks and I’m glad to be getting back to my passion after more than 40 years. I’m a very detail oriented person, so the tank will have extensive automated systems.

I’m also into microscopy, so my equipment room will feature a lab quality microscope setup for any visual testing and analysis that may be needed. This will also have both high-resolution photo and video outputs, so I can share the images/video on the forum for any interested parties.

This is early stage now and I’m having a stack of fun getting the plans finalised and looking forward to my dream tank build.

Cheers!

Sounds like an amazing plan. Are you having a builder custom build or doing a plywood build or something completely different?

Also Welcome to Reef Central!

Hello to the group,

I’m in the process of planning my monster all predator dream saltwater tank. I’m still deciding on the exact size, but it will probably end up either 12’ or 14’ long up to a maximum 16’ long and either 30” or 36” wide and 30” tall.

It will be a FOWLR tank that will be fully automated with a remote equipment room and RO/DI and Saltwater storage in the equipment room as well. I like the idea of all of the noise and mess far away from the DT, so that’s my current plan.

Back when I still had hair, I had several predator tanks and I’m glad to be getting back to my passion after more than 40 years. I’m a very detail oriented person, so the tank will have extensive automated systems.

I’m also into microscopy, so my equipment room will feature a lab quality microscope setup for any visual testing and analysis that may be needed. This will also have both high-resolution photo and video outputs, so I can share the images/video on the forum for any interested parties.

This is early stage now and I’m having a stack of fun getting the plans finalised and looking forward to my dream tank build.

Cheers!
Welcome to Reef Central. Sounds like a great plan. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Sounds like an amazing plan. Are you having a builder custom build or doing a plywood build or something completely different?

Also Welcome to Reef Central!
Thanks for your reply… The tank will be custom built by a major manufacturer of acrylic tanks. At these sizes, everything is mostly custom order. I’m also looking for a RPE to sign off on the construction details of the tank as a double-double check.

I’m researching consultants now to design all of the automated systems for proper integration and related/adjunctive equipment needs (like the microscopy bench), not to mention a commercial water filtration company for the RO/DI water needs and the breakouts for the tank.

Cheers!

Back