Platinum clowns and new 40 breeder tank

ynot65

I recently moved my 2 platinum clowns into a new 40 breeder that I have divided in half. Half for platinums and half for Picassos. I noticed this morning that they were both in the clay pot that I put in the tank, however one was being very submissive and his color had turned a pinkish white. Is this a attempt to show submission or is something wrong with him. His breathing seemed normal and he was allowing the other to nudge him around.
I called my wife after I arrived at work and she sent me pics ( I can't seem to get them from my messages to this page) but he seems to be getting his normal color back. Has anyone else seen this behavior ?
Also here's a pic of the new divided 40 breeder. I used a HOB duel wheel filter w/o the bio wheels and each side has a Hydor power head and 1 clay pot. The light is an old compact flourscent that I had. I'm open to any other suggestions. The dividing panal is opaque glass sitting on top of 1" of lighting grid to slow flow between the 2 sides

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
Top view of how I used the HOB returns. The pick up is located on the bottom next to the 1" grid under the opaque glass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
Back