Please review my Interceptor plan

Just an update
I'm 3 hours into treatment 1/4 of the pill pictured on top, everything alive so far but I've heard that RB might last up 5 hours will see, I'm
shooting pictures every 2 hours or so.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12897363#post12897363 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jcm1229
Interceptor for small dogs - pills treat about 38g - no need to break/divide larger pills. If you are going to get pills from a vet - I'd go with these as you don't have to worry about breaking/dividing etc...

My experience is if you treat the whole tank, any crabs/shrimp/majority of pods will be toast.

I've done the treatment twice - last time over a year ago. Red bugs didn't appear to have any negative affect on my corals, but since I occasionally sell frags - wanted to be pest free for frags.

Which kind do you mean, when you say small dogs? There are four sizes: http://www.interceptor.novartis.us/dog/en/label.shtml

If you dosed anything but the smallest (for 2-10 lb. dogs), you way overdosed your system IMO and that may be why your shrimp died.

According to Melev's site, the recommended dosage is one 23 mg tablet for every 400 gallons. http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html

Since kuramura has the 11.5 mg tablets, one tablet is good for about ~200g, so 1/4 is good for ~50g.

However, its my experience you can actually kill off the red bugs with even lower doses, if you leave the interceptor for a longer period.

I was able to use 1/2 of the green tablet (~2.9 mg) for my old 125g, and 3 doses for 12 hours each eliminated the red bugs.

Kuramura:

Thanks for the great pictures, these are the first pictures I have seen were you can clearly idientify the red bugs without having to squint or use a magenifing glass to see them.

Also good luck with the treatment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12897954#post12897954 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cas
Kuramura:

Thanks for the great pictures, these are the first pictures I have seen were you can clearly idientify the red bugs without having to squint or use a magenifing glass to see them.

Also good luck with the treatment.

Thanks

I'm hitting 6 hour mark its WORKING!!!

start
start.jpg

5 hours later

5hours.jpg

And that's me staring at my tank....

1205695688589.jpg

The small dog tablets have 2.3 mg of the active ingredient so it treats 40g. 23mg=400g, 2.3=40g. Simple division.

Back