PM Skimmer

I used to love mine but they need a big pump to get there peak performance. That being said u might be able to use a DC pump to save on electric. That being said the pump should be a pressure rated pump not a flow pump from what I remember. As z said I used there largest model back in maybe 2005. I loved it.

Just picked this up. Huge.... IMG_20170128_090626513.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Great skimmer. I know Roger mentioned dc pump but for skimmers like pm I would opt for a pump based on head pressure and not just gph. Personally and from experience I would use pan world 55hd or a reef flow sword tail. Not sure if any of the dc pumps other than abyzz or royal exclusive that can handle pressure required for that skimmer to perform at its best.

A ecotech l1 might work as well

Last edited:
Great skimmer. I know Roger mentioned dc pump but for skimmers like pm I would opt for a pump based on head pressure and not just gph. Personally and from experience I would use pan world 55hd or a reef flow sword tail. Not sure if any of the dc pumps other than abyzz or royal exclusive that can handle pressure required for that skimmer to perform at its best.

A ecotech l1 might work as well

Yes agreed in my post I mentioned that the DC pump would need to be a pressure rated pump not a (GPH) flow rated pump đź‘Ť

Hows the skimmer working out?

Have Not hook it up yet, Trying to make up my mind how to....I think I have it now....So this weekend I will be adding a 2 inch and 1 inch bulkheads to my sump....So maybe this weekend....lolol

Back