Pohl's Coral Vitalizer - non-zeovit users?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12293104#post12293104 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jefe12234
There was a thread just like this posted in the last few months I think. In it I said that I had tried PCV, but didn't notice any difference. Maybe in very low nutrient tanks the effect would be greater.

Your are dead on.....all of the ZEO additives work best in low nutrient water columns. The higher the nutrient level the less the additives effects will be seen....

eins

"I would estimate that 70% of people using SP have reported an increase in growth rates and Alk utilization so the common advice is to carefully monitor Alk levels after beginning SP"

i noticed the same thing after using it for 2 1/2 weeks so far..but as far as growth i cant tell ..in order for me to see growth i have to go back and look at old pictures and compare even b4 sponge power...lol

There is definantly hyping of products there holly cow.. One person has posted in every additive thread. By the time he get done dosing his tank there must not be any water left just additives. He says the samething he has increased growth and had to turn up his calcium reactor.. Dude must go through a large c02 tanks aday by now. ...

I am not ripping on zeovit they do have some nice products and the zeovit system does work but holly cow some of those people there are so hype driven its crazy. I guess the same goes for every board though... I would really like to see some before and after pics for what this stuff costs.

+1

The name of the brand is included in the www address....food for thought. Do a little research on the person you are referring to. I found it very interesting that he has never *not once* posted a photo of his tank for the world to see. Dig deeper and you'll find a direct historical connection to US sales. Hmmm.

With that said...I feel the AA product has a lot of anedoctal merit. I will be buying some in the coming weeks to replace my DIY AA solution. I believe in the product line very much. As for the products specifically identified in this thread - I can definitely find a lot of people raving about them and the raving goes well beyond the site in question. The user community overlaps more than I ever thought though so you might just getting the same hype one person removed.

Last edited:
The name of the brand is included in the www address....food for thought. Do a little research on the person you are referring to. I found it very interesting that he has never *not once* posted a photo of his tank for the world to see. Dig deeper and you'll find a direct historical connection to US sales. Hmmm.

I can think of only one person who is high profile in Zeoville, is very enthusiastic about the zeo products and is happy to share that enthusiasm, and has never posted a photo of his tank. To my knowledge, not once. That person is Bob/Aged Salt. He has been candid with people who ask for pics, that he has no camera or computer skills, and he invites anyone who wants to come and take pictures of his tank to do that and post them for him. So, I don't believe there's any "funny business" going on there, not to mention that Bob is a great guy and is more than generous with his time in helping newbies. Oh, and FWIW, Bob is a physician, not a Zeovit distributor or salesperson.

To help one better understand the products, it is best to download the guide to get an overview. You can find it at the Korallen Zucht website.

Of the additives I use, the most impressive changes have been from Spong Power, which supports the small fauna, that in turn supports the corals, but as someone noted, will support the Aiptasia! (I have a Raffles Butterfly that deals with them!) The new Xtra, which I have only used for a few weeks, really increases the blue-tip colouration, as well as growth. Also, I am a fan of the Potassium-Iodid-Fluor supplement, whcih has truly improved blue colouration.

As with all supplements, and these supplements are particularly concentrated, one must monitor dosages carefully. Too much of anything is not good.....even chocolate (can you believe that?)

One can get all kinds of info on the Zeovit Forum. Along with the RC Forum, your questions on aquariums are truly covered. We are truly a lucky generation with so much info at our fingertips. bless the internet! (except the spam, which should go directly to jail and not pass go!)

Canarygirl - I sent you a PM so as not to get this thread off track. I would like to hear more about people's experiences with the Pohl's Coral Vitalizer.

Last edited:
Back