Portable RO/DI

So I can't say what upkeep costs will be, but it should be better than nothing. Look into a TDS meter to add so you can keep an eye on the water coming out of it. Once purchased, a regular RO/DI has minimal costs to run. Like I said, how much "THEIR" replacement filters are and how much trouble they'll be to buy, I can't help with. Replace the pre-filters every 6 months and the DI when it gets to one on the TGS meter. The RO membrane in mine is about 3 years old, and I've run others over 5 years.

I know very little about plumbing and hardware like this in general. I had a really hard time setting up my last RO/DI unit and ended up getting help because I did not want to ruin anything. From my understanding I thought they connected into the waterline and thus were unmovable once established? I was trying to find something easy to setup and portable because I rent and move locations every year or two.

Mine used one of these to connect it to a sink in my laundry room. Put valves on supply, waste and pure water so the system wouldn't dry out. Just hook it up when you want to use it.

Back