Post-Disaster update- new tank pics

WitsNWrasse

I am a long-time lurker and rarely post- and i was thinking why the heck not ? I am proud of my tank ! Hopefully all these pictures show up right I don't think I've ever tried to upload any before.

Not sure if anyone stumbled upon my thread in 2017 about my 120g tank cracking and causing like 50k in damages.... if you did, I'm back up and running and the damage didn't stop me from setting up three tanks. Lol. If you didn't stumble upon it, it's probably a great read on worst case scenarios. You can see the original thread here if curiosity strikes you: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618173

I've got two 60g cubes that are on either side of my tv, and a 24g fluval tank. I've got two reefs and the second cube is going to be sea horses. Just need to save up for a pair from Alyssa's !

4ba7d98cc8a41857a7a1a0b5f99784de.jpg

My clowns are Madagascar anemonefish (A. latifasciatus) and they are my pride and joy.

0b006a41779c610689119b5209953db7.jpg

7387bdb5f3e92449b5a29e8a954ecbeb.jpg

This toadstool was given to me by my friend Xavier 5 or 6 years ago before he moved to Florida !

e0009875bb87ef6d2590e06b05c31357.jpg

I have re-scaped since this picture, but you get the idea !

0ba30b87a10110291571b0055c493471.jpg

This is my 24g. I didn't really scape it since I "œaccidentally" set this one up. You know how that goes. This is Charlie and he's the second clownfish I ever bought when I entered the hobby.

0cd5c3aa8155de024c6bba956c80589f.jpg

This is Bernard. I freakin love starry blennies. Charlie and Bernard are best friends too, it's pretty cute.

29164014b912597c946bf44bc1712964.jpg

I put a box next to this tank and my cat Rem loves sitting there and watching those two fishies hang out. She's sitting there now actually as I type this !

b40e4984c9afac415275cc629cd97d13.jpg

And well, this is my seahorse tank. It is lifeless at the moment. Ready for SHs tho. Just ran out of money [emoji28] really like my scape tho !!! Very seahorse friendly. Anyway, going to have a mangrove and be full of leathers and zoas. Maybe some green star polyps on the back wall. I love GSP walls.

So anyway, I'm still here, 90% my fish and coral survived the disaster and they're doing great ! My cat loves all my aquariums, and we are both happy to have our home back [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning and well kept! I'm glad you stuck with it after the ordeal you had gone through. Thanks for sharing and keep us up to date on the Seahorses :)

Thanks guys ! People say this hobby is an addiction but you never really realize how addicted you are until you get back in after the hobby destroyed your house [emoji23]

I'm hoping to pick up some seahorses this month, or at least a mandarin.

Wow, very nice, you must be Proud.
Yes, yes, it takes a certain individual to keep a reef tank, but only a few (and it looks like your one) will be successful, the rest you will find on Craigslist....
Too some, more addictive than nicotine.
Thanks find the share...

Terribly sorry about this disaster. I went through your previous posts with much interest.
However, you made the best of this by helping many others.
I've been in the hobby for 50 years, but your posts taught me many things I did not know. Although nothing will make this ordeal any easier, you can take a small comfort knowing that, by describing your experience in detail, you have helped many others who may face the same scenario in the future.
So, thank you for your service. God bless you.

I've been in the hobby for 50 years, but your posts taught me many things I did not know. Although nothing will make this ordeal any easier, you can take a small comfort knowing that, by describing your experience in detail, you have helped many others who may face the same scenario in the future.
So, thank you for your service. God bless you.

That was one of the reasons I kept updating the thread- because when it happened, I couldn't find much information to help my situation. If it helps one person, it was worth it !
It definitely put into perspective how delicate a balance it is to house 100+ gallons of water in your living room. I am not as cavalier about water in general or using used tanks.

I said it on the original disaster thread, but if anyone has questions about insurance feel free to PM me.

That was one of the reasons I kept updating the thread- because when it happened, I couldn't find much information to help my situation. If it helps one person, it was worth it !
It definitely put into perspective how delicate a balance it is to house 100+ gallons of water in your living room. I am not as cavalier about water in general or using used tanks.

I said it on the original disaster thread, but if anyone has questions about insurance feel free to PM me.

Glad to see you are up and running again!

Your tanks are gorgeous!!! Wow. I'm excited to see your seahorse tank develop.
I'm scared, but gonna go look at your 2017 thread....
Thanks for sharing! Lisa

Back