Power Heads

deejers

Hello!
I recently purchased two AC power heads for my 55g long and they seem pretty powerful. Unfortunately, had to go the cheaper route at this time, but will eventually invest in adjustable DC power heads. These are 800GPH and I have a hang on back filter that also provided some movement. It’s a FOWLR tank and I just want to be sure I am placing and aiming these in the right place and also if it’s ok for me to let them run constantly. Thanks so much for your help!

Hello!
I recently purchased two AC power heads for my 55g long and they seem pretty powerful. Unfortunately, had to go the cheaper route at this time, but will eventually invest in adjustable DC power heads. These are 800GPH and I have a hang on back filter that also provided some movement. It’s a FOWLR tank and I just want to be sure I am placing and aiming these in the right place and also if it’s ok for me to let them run constantly. Thanks so much for your help!
Yes, the AC pumps are meant to run continuously. As @kharmaguru said, you can create some nice turbulence by aiming them at each other.

Back