Preston's New Tank

turtleman9100

I got over today to see Preston's new tank. Beautiful is the first word that comes to mind. Everything is so nice and clean. Post some pictures if you get a chance Preston so everyone can see the hard work you've put into your new setup.:thumbsup:

i will as soon as i can figure out my camera-- the background of the tank stands out too bright and my corals turn out brown--but i will work on it tonight

Preston's Tank

Preston's Tank

This picture does not do the tank justice. It is really not that blue; but the blue background and the actinics make it seems a lot more blue than it really is. It is a really nice looking setup; someone with better camera skills should be able to get a better shot.

Sorry I couldn't get the all the blue out of the pic, Preston. Just wanted to get something up to show the tank.

Preston.jpg

thanks tim, it's gonna take a little bit of going back to school with these cameras for us to get a good shot, but that one is fine by me

Really to get a true color shot, it needs to be taken in RAW format, its the best way to take all the blue out and get real colors. Preston, I can bring my Nikon D40 over soon and take some pics in RAW and edit them to look like your eyes would see them. Let me know if interested. J

that's it---i knew one of you camera geniues would get it, i on the other hand photography is not one of my strong subjects

thanks richard, now how is that done

I did that with Paint.net.
It is a free program that I did a presentation on at one of the past club meetings. It is really easy to use. I just play with the saturation, brightness, and contrast until it looks like I think it should look naturally.

When taking the pictures, if you have a white balance adjustment, just use the sand as your reference for "white". That way everything else looks correct accordingly. That is unless you use black or some other color sand.

That might make for an interesting picture, though.

Back