Problem With GreenWater Need Prof Help!

Chris5

New to these forums also coming from MR's site as well trying to get the most information as possible to an interesting problem,

Well have a 65g with overflow sump LR LS and 3 fish....Went on vacation and left a crystal clear tank although i couldnt house any corals everything else was fine....

Came home to a green swamp of a tank, well what did i do? Change the entire sand bed and did 100% WC....Three days later tank was clear and corals were alive and polyping (softies mainly)

1 week in tank is beginning to go back to the swampy greenish it was originally at but a slower pace, this time did more wc's and limited light and got a bigger skimmer been running for now 12hrs, new filter media as well (phos, carbo, poly pad)

No one really knows whats going on to be honest, can reef central help me? .....

I had the same exact thing happen to me. I bought a turbo twist uv sterilizer and it cleaned it up in 3 days. Definently get a uv sterilizer

Yeah i think that may be my last option since everything else isnt doing much, even what everyone seems to believe would fix it ( a bigger skimmer) isnt making miracles happen....

Yes a UV Sterilizer will be the solution, you need to kill the spores.
Far a tank that size try an 18 watt unit.

Back