Problems with my mp40w

dwizzle28

Hello,

Sometimes when I put my mp40 on feed mode (through möbius) and comes back to regular speeds, one of my mp40s rattles and the dry side falls right off. It’s happened a number of times, probably maybe once a week. I have a pair of them and only one does this.

At first I thought it was a dirty wet side, but I’ve cleaned it and still happens.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

Had this happen my me as well. The magnets inside the dry side is loose. I look mine completely apart and put it back together and worked fine. I can't remember if it was one that ended up breaking after some time or one that is still going so a can't comment on the longevity but used blue loctite to secure the screw. Let me know if you give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry OP to hijack your thread, I have similar issue. But it's intermittent. When it happens, I just clean the wet side thoroughly and put a little silicon grease. Sometimes the rattle goes away, sometimes it doesn't.

Does your dry side loud though? Mine isn't.

Had this happen my me as well. The magnets inside the dry side is loose. I look mine completely apart and put it back together and worked fine. I can't remember if it was one that ended up breaking after some time or one that is still going so a can't comment on the longevity but used blue loctite to secure the screw. Let me know if you give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same level is near silent and works/sounds as good as the other one.

It only gets loud when it's about to fall off.

Sorry OP to hijack your thread, I have similar issue. But it's intermittent. When it happens, I just clean the wet side thoroughly and put a little silicon grease. Sometimes the rattle goes away, sometimes it doesn't.

Does your dry side loud though? Mine isn't.

Hello,

Sometimes when I put my mp40 on feed mode (through möbius) and comes back to regular speeds, one of my mp40s rattles and the dry side falls right off. It's happened a number of times, probably maybe once a week. I have a pair of them and only one does this.

At first I thought it was a dirty wet side, but I've cleaned it and still happens.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

When you said that you cleaned the wet side of the pump. What method did you use to clean it?

I was having the same issue and when I cleaned my pump in citric acid - which was suggested by other reefers here.... My pump begin to work like NEW. No joke and I was shocked how well the citric acid cleaned and repaired my pump.

Well, I'm just curious to know if you used the same method and still experiencing the same issue.

- Larry

Back