PSK 2500 slightly shocked me when trying to turn it all the way

Tango451

Psk 2500 pump slightly shocked me (it more or less buzzed and my fingers hurt for a minute or so) it is still running and I have carefully touched it/ touched the water and it is not continuing to shock me. I also inspected the pump and nothing appears to be exposed.

Do you know if this is normal for this pump if the top pieces is turned to far to the right? Is there anything else I should check on it before continuing to use it? The pump is an older pump and here is a picture of one https://www.google.com/search?q=psk...hWG1x4KHaLcDd8Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=LwDV10sJOmeKuM:

Time to upgrade the pump Siccy Syncra makes two pumps for direct replacement the 600 model and the 1000 model. Or go Tunze 9420. All are better than the sicce 2500, they all do not have a restart issue.

Would the psk 1000 improve the skimmer? I have an older bubble master 250 that I want to bring back to life. It runs on two psk 2500 mesh head pumps and yes the startup issue is quite annoying. My only concern is the functionality (other than fixing the startup problem, will it skim better) and if the psk 1000 is built with the same casing/ fittings so that it will be compatible with the bubble master.

Also, I know there is a lot of debate, but is it better to run two 250 gallon rates skimmers or one 500 gallon skimmer?

The 600 is closer to the original 2500 the 1000 is then more powerful, they're have been a few who have switched over so you could do a search here and find out which pumps they used. The pumps are very similar in size so there should not be any problems with compatibility.

Two skimmers work and yes there is a debate on the effectiveness of it. I remember some people would put a new skimmer next to their old skimmer and sometimes the new skimmer just smokes the old one, so if they are pulling nearly equal amounts of skimmate then you should be ok.

I switched out my sicce 2500 for a tunze 9420 pump on my I-Tech 200 skimmer.

Back