Puffer fish food

Sup new here my bonnets puffer is not eating anything but tuna but the other fish steals it before its finished and if i add too much the water turns yellow(too much is a square cm). what else can i feed? not much is avalable where i live (maldives). it seems realy heathy but belly is small. it toasted a small crab that was in there but i cant catch more

Welcome to RC!

Do you have access to squid, krill, clams, or hard shelled shrimp. It should eat either of those as well.

If the issue is that it is being out competed for food, I’m not sure there’s a solution other than some how isolating the puffer during feeding time.

its food is usually stolen by other fish and it stops eating the tuna after a while of feeding(it does eat) . i am just worryed because it is a little too skinny for my liking

its food is usually stolen by other fish and it stops eating the tuna after a while of feeding(it does eat) . i am just worryed because it is a little too skinny for my liking
I would maybe look at seeing if you can get an isolation box for feeding or maybe feed one side of the tank to draw the other fish then feed the other side for the puffer.

What other fish do you have?

When we had a puffer (back in the 1980s), we’d feed pellets, flake and/or frozen food to the tank to distract the other fish and immediately drop opened clams or oysters for the puffer.

Last edited:
Back